RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Looking to Hire Experienced Driver & Setup Person

We are looking for someone to drive a large RV for our small group (3-5 people) for the week of Ragbrai. You need to have experience driving these types of vehicles, understand Rabgrai logistics, and not be a douche.

We are looking for someone low key who can get our RV from town-to-town. We will do reconnaissance prior to the ride, and may have several overnight town locations pre-arranged. Or you may have to use your Ragbrai senses, and get us a yard close to the action.

There will be relatively minimal setup daily. i.e. stop at store for cooler / fridge stocking, setup chairs / awning, etc. If there’s room for you in the RV, you’ll have a bed, if not, you may need a tent to sleep adjacent to us.

We’d like to arrange this sooner than later! If you are a hot massage therapist, you will get priority response.

Team Enrico Gimondi

6 Replies

ssgiowabiker, December 2, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Some quick sidenotes…

Whoever does this will definitely be compensated! And depending on your likes and dislikes, you’re welcome to join the festivities – as long as you’re sober in the morning long enough to drive to the next town!

We’re late 30’s early 40’s, relatively boring business guys from around the Midwest. We think we’re pretty fun…but we’re biased, as we’re usually drunk. If you want to do the work, and disappear, that’s fine with us too. We’d love to find someone we click with, and have a long-term Ragbrai partnership where we all have a great time, you included, except your effort is on driving and setup rather than turning the cranks!

Oh, and the hot massage therapists are still getting priority response…

“Bicycle Bill”, December 2, 2015 at 9:03 pm

You could not afford to pay me enough to be the designated driver/babysitter for a bunch of “late 30s-early 40s business guys who are usually drunk”.

-“BB”-

Amanda, December 3, 2015 at 8:10 am

I think it sounds great! When I decide not to ride my bike, I am going to be a support driver. But for now, I am riding my bike. Sorry and Good Luck! A support driver can make or break your week.

mootsman, December 4, 2015 at 8:32 am

Is someone in your group the RV owner or will you be renting? If someone is the owner maybe check if they have RV friends in addition to this forum. And as we do for our team bus driver, not only are their costs covered but many get paid also.

Michrider !!!, December 4, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Amanda: I think it sounds great! When I decide not to ride my bike, I am going to be a support driver. But for now, I am riding my bike. Sorry and Good Luck! A support driver can make or break your week.

Yeah Amanda, I was thinking the same thing. Then this summer, while driving a Ryder Truck, for our group on GOBA (Ohio ride), I drove it into the side of an innocent building. I’ve changed my mind about driving on RAGBRAI!!!

ssgiowabiker, January 4, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Good to know, Bill. I have a feeling you weren’t the guy for us anyway! We’re back looking again, had someone all lined up, but now she’s going to go and get married on us that week! Guess that trumps RAGBRAI! Anyone? Anyone?

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters