Looking to join a team

“I’ve been an avid cyclist for over 20 years; however, I’ve never participated in RAGBRAI. I’m looking for a team to join for the 2019 ride. I live in Waterloo, IL across the river from St. Louis. Please contact me if you have spots available on your team. Bikemandean@hotmail.com

6 Replies

Team Wimpy, February 3, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Hello Dean,

Team Wimpy still has some open spots available for RAGBRAI 2019. I will send you some team information to you very soon.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff@bikewimpy.com

Jo Tolley, February 5, 2019 at 8:48 pm

I believe Hills Angels has a few spots available. They’re a fun group.

David Moss, February 6, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Yes but we are about having fun. We welcome all riders first timers welcome.

Jeff Sarich, February 7, 2019 at 9:38 am

I too am a newbie, and would like to join a team. Dean, I’m also from the 618! I’m registered and paid. I am seeking guidance on exactly how to contact a team and join.

markghenry, February 9, 2019 at 9:46 am

Hi Jeff and Dean – if you’re still looking for a team, give us a shout. We have space for probably 1-4 more riders. Here’s a bit more about us…

10-15 riders doing the Indianola to Keokuk part of the ride. We will have our own luggage transport (truck with a covered U-haul trailer) and will be reserving space to camp on the front lawns of locals in the stopping towns so we are closer to town, have electricity, and showers. Fun but low key group of men and women, ages 25-65 who have just enough to be comfortable (cold beer and healthy/unhealthy snacks, Starbucks and bagels in the morning) but not too much to break the wallet (no masseuse). We will have a mechanic on the team who can handle minor repairs and are asking for a very reasonable contribution to cover the snacks, coffee, lodging, etc.

We follow the “ride your ride” motto so feel free to join with others in the group or ride alone – whatever works for you. We generally hit the road around 6/6:30 am to get the short pancake lines and beat the sun.

Half the team will be coming from Chicago and the other will be in Des Moines so we can work with you on the travel/logistics hurdles associated with getting to and from RAGBRAI.

Reach out to Mark if you are interested at Team Get Wheel teamgetwheel@gmail.com teamgetwheel@gmail.com

Bob Rausa, February 10, 2019 at 8:58 am

Am from the east coast, have the usual logistics issues with bikes, gear, planes-trains-automobiles etc. to deal with annually. For the last several years I have settled in with Pork Belly Ventures out of Council Bluffs. Give them a look. They have their own App for campsite maps and info along the way. They handle everything fine from airport pickups, final town shuttles, breakfast-dinners each day, bike transport, and a dozen or so newsletters with details of the upcoming RAGBRAI trip. They will even provide the tent if you want!! Good luck! Only 5 more months to go!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015