Join Us in July - Register Today!

Main Campground and Phone charging

Just wondering how best to charge devices overnight at the main campgrounds. I have a small battery bank but won’t last long. I am going light, so probably won’t be using a solar panel if I can help it. Thanks in advance for any ideas you have :)

5 Replies

HelenP, June 28, 2023 at 5:59 am

Try to charge up some during the day, when you’re taking a break near a store, restaurant, post office, etc.

mooremedia@live.com, June 28, 2023 at 8:16 am

Thanks Helen, that’s what I was thinking. Cables and chargers at the ready during the day.

Phil Stearney, July 2, 2023 at 8:15 am

I have also been successful charging my phone in the overnight camp grounds when they are in parks, etc. with gazebos or other public structures. Someone almost always has a strip outlet plugged in so that multiple people can charge. And then others daisy chain their strip outlets so you have like 20 phones charging…I’ve left mine there all night and have yet to have an issue. When someone needs their strip outlet back, they just unplug it and replug everybody’s phone back in…

Suds, July 3, 2023 at 4:11 pm

You could also purchase a battery bank from Backroads Battery and swap it out every day. They setup next to Mr Pork Chop. https://backroadsbattery.com/ragbrai-2023

AMaliar, July 3, 2023 at 5:57 pm

You’re better off carrying a solar panel and charge during the day or do the Backroads Battery swap. Being it’s the 50th anniversary, there’s that many more riders and their friends/family in the overnight towns. There will be limited outlets available at the campgrounds and everybody will be looking to plug in their phones, bike computers, battery banks, recorders, etc…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters