RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Meeting Town?

As a newbie I am understanding the terminiology and learning a lot from forums and others, but I saw that some pass through towns are listed as “Meeting Town”. I have not found that defined anywhere, and I venture to guess that there are others who have the same question. What does it mean to be a “meeting town”?

5 Replies

jwsknk, June 7, 2012 at 9:49 am

towns designated by the register where support vehical are welcome to come into town via a different route than the cyclists, Usually about mid-point of the day. The towns usually try to designate parking ares for them but people end up everywhere. They put up a different color arrows for them to follow in and out.

kurmdgn, June 7, 2012 at 9:52 am

If you have a driver that follows you each day, the meeting town is the
suggested town for you and your driver/SAG vehicle to meet up. They are
generally chosen to be about the mid-point of the day’s ride.

Generally, RAGBRAI discourages the driver/vehicle from popping in & out
of every town during the day’s ride due to the traffic congestion problems this creates

Sandaltan ., June 7, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Pink arrows will guide your support vehicle to the Meeting Town.
https://ragbrai.com/about/general-information/#31

RIDE RIGHT

drgeorge1, June 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Ahhh, makes sense now, so this is something only someone with individual SAG would need to know. Thanks

Tony, June 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

drgeorge1:
Ahhh, makes sense now, so this is something only someone with individual SAG would need to know. Thanks

There are no individual sags on RAGBRAI. The only sag wagons allowed on route are RAGBRAI’s.

All other vehicles must take the support vehicle route. The only town where the bike route and support vehicle route merge is the meeting town. This allows registered support vehicles to meet their riders at a midway point. These vehicles must have RAGBRAI tags. The support vehicle drivers will be supplied support route information by RAGBRAI. While the bike routes are open to all traffic. State and local authorities do routinely detour motor vehicle traffic away from the route. Only allowing local traffic.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters