Michrider's Surgery

My Knee revision (a generic video is available on YouTube) is complete. The surgery was performed (4.19.16) by surgeons from Beacon Orthopedic, at Christ Hospital (Joint & Spine Center) in Cincinnati!!! Beacon & Christ Hospital provided me with great services!!!!! I stayed one night in Hospital & now I’m home. I’m finding my posts take twice as long to type, apparently pain meds affect decision making. Who’d have thunk!!! I won’t be in Iowa this July but I will be back!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!!

This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Michrider !!!.

33 Replies

HillsAngels1, April 21, 2016 at 5:52 am

Will miss you this year Mic see you next year at REDBUD, HORSEY and RAGBRAI

This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by HillsAngels1.

Michrider !!!, April 21, 2016 at 6:08 am

HillsAngels1: Will miss you this year Mic see you next year at REDBUD, HORSEY and RAGBRAI

If all goes well and Beverly doesn’t mind the drive, we might show up for a beer on the new HA bus! However, I’ll show my scar but no “dropping pants” for Mo this year!!!

david636, April 21, 2016 at 6:20 am

As first timer here, I’ve found your posts both entertaining and helpful. Signed up with PBV, and was hoping to meet you somewhere along the ride. Hopefully next year, if I survive this year. Anyway best of luck to you on your recovery.

Even if RAGBRAI, doesn’t care, there are many other that do.

David

mootsman, April 21, 2016 at 7:19 am

Hope the healing goes swiftly. Maybe have TJ give you an exception to the no motor rule and ride a scooter this year…

Michrider !!!, April 21, 2016 at 7:37 am

: Hope the healing goes swiftly. Maybe have TJ give you an exception to the no motor rule and ride a scooter this year…

Thanks Moots, I’ll pass that advice on to Lefty. However, he does not always listen to me, LOL!!!!
null

KenH, April 21, 2016 at 9:54 am

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery! Maybe you should check into the possibility of being a motorcycle/scooter SAG patrol driver if you are up to that by then…. You’ve paid your dues, you shouldn’t have to go a whole year without Beekmans, Mr. Porkchop, etc!

Michrider !!!, April 21, 2016 at 10:02 am

Thanks for the idea Ken but I’ve never driven a motorcycle!!! Lefty might not approve, LOL!!!! BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!!

igor, April 21, 2016 at 10:34 am

Get well Mich! Your RAGRAI don’t cares make me laugh all the time!

Ragbrai Nation, April 21, 2016 at 10:42 am

Hey Mich sorry to hear Lefty 2.0 did not work out as expected but I am positive the redo will work. The vast majority of folks I know that have gone through this came out very successfully and I have no doubt this will be your portion as well. Hang in thar!

BTW: Ragbrai DOES care! How do you figure being accommodated all those curbs over the years if RAGBRAI DIDN’T CARE???

T. Gap Woo, April 21, 2016 at 11:06 am

I’m glad to hear that your surgery went well and that Lefty 2.1 is on the mend. Mrs. Woo and I will have some Beekman’s ice cream, Amish pie, a big, fat chop at Mr. Porkchop and some fine Iowa wine in your honor this summer.

Keep your eye on the goal –> RAGBRAI XLV <– and the PT/rehab will go much faster.

See you along the I-O-Way next year, Mich!

Jack in VA, April 21, 2016 at 3:40 pm

I feel your agony – had to miss ’13 due to a ruptured Achilles in Feb that year. Wasn’t able to even get on a bike until June, so RAGBRAI was out. You’ll be back stronger and faster than ever – “We have the technology”. Enjoy your recovery – Gods way of telling us to slow the $%&k DOWN!

BillSpriggs, April 21, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Mich,
Pork camp won’t be the same without you. I had the pleasure of sharing a few with you at Storm Lake last year, I’ll have a couple for you this year.

Sandaltan ., April 21, 2016 at 8:05 pm

The Little Stoker and I wish you a speedy recovery. The curb will seem to be a intellectual wasteland until your return.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, April 22, 2016 at 7:31 am

My first post-surgery, Physical Therapy session happens today. I guess I’ll have to get used to a new therapist (mostly women so far). Since most of my past therapists still acknowledge my existence, I guess I haven’t abused them too much,,,,yet!!!! However, I will miss Nicole, Katie and Courtney but I’m sure today’s session will be great, just great!!!! I hope they don’t make me ride one of those “fake bike” (airdyne) things. However, I did say I would do anything they think would work. Gotta get the new Lefty 2.5 (still not sure of the name, they only replaced the femur portion of the knee) working again!!!! BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care, LOL!!!!

Michrider !!!, April 22, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I met Becky, my new Physical Therapist, this afternoon. She was kind, competent and pleasant. I promise to follow all of her instructions!!! She said she could get me back to Kurb sitting before RAGBRAI 2017. I’ll be back! However, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015