Michrider's Surgery

My Knee revision (a generic video is available on YouTube) is complete. The surgery was performed (4.19.16) by surgeons from Beacon Orthopedic, at Christ Hospital (Joint & Spine Center) in Cincinnati!!! Beacon & Christ Hospital provided me with great services!!!!! I stayed one night in Hospital & now I’m home. I’m finding my posts take twice as long to type, apparently pain meds affect decision making. Who’d have thunk!!! I won’t be in Iowa this July but I will be back!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!!

This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Michrider !!!.

33 Replies

Michrider !!!, July 9, 2016 at 9:51 am

The new improved Lefty (no longer 2.0) finished therapy in June. My surgeon gave me approval to ride! Yesterday, for my first ride of the year, I rode 8.0 miles around a bike trail loop in a local park. Not much but it was a big deal to me! Today, Lefty feels good and I’m looking forward to my next ride. I hope to be back for RAGBRAI next year. I hope Y’all have a great week in the corn!!! Drink a few beers and eat some pie!!!

Gypsy Rose, July 9, 2016 at 10:52 am

Michrider: Drink a few beers and eat some pie!!!

More than a few!

Good to hear that all is going well with the latest version!

Cheers,
~Kevin

BillSpriggs, July 9, 2016 at 11:58 am

Mich- Sorry that I won’t be able to share a beer with you in pork camp this year. Life could be worse, I spent the afternoon with a riding buddy yesterday, he caught a squirrel in his spokes, went over the bars and is now an “incomplete quadriplegic”. He is regaining some motion and hopefully will be able to be walk again. Take care, we’ll see you next year.

Viewing 3 replies - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015