“Moderate” Team or Charter?

I did a few RAGBRAIs 10+ years ago, moved to NC, had kids, turned 38, got vax, and am feeling a longing to return this year. Thing is, all of my experience was frugal bachelor vomit-in-a-ditch-style, whereas now I am more interested in riding and can appreciate “all inclusive”. I don’t want to wake up at 5am, but also can’t quite close the bars every night. I don’t want to average 25 or 12 mph. Who knows a team and/or charter (are charters “teams”?) somewhere in the middle? I don’t need full spa treatment, but I also don’t want to arrange every little shuttle/campground/equipment from a distance.

This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by WIIANC. Reason: removed broken table

18 Replies

WIIANC, June 1, 2021 at 8:29 am

@Zac, perhaps I’ll see you there, and/or meanwhile you and Ross can pick me up on the way to Durham, or I could head over there for a Neuse meetup, etc. I’m also hoping to pick up some ~B group road social rides with CBC/CCC/IOS/BicycleChain/Firecracker on the west side of town.

Zac Henderson, June 1, 2021 at 8:08 pm

Sounds good to me! I love the Durham ride. Pizza, beer, and the ATT…I’m game for those things almost any day. Let’s ride it together some time. Ross can come too. I could be arm-twisted into joining a couple of the group rides you mention. I think I’ve forgotten how to ride with people…

mootsman, June 2, 2021 at 8:07 am

Those who decided on PB will love it and it is fully immersed in RAGBRAI culture. Plus the in camp music every evening is great. They still include 3 dinners I assume. The shower trucks are top notch. And if you elected the tent service that also include delivering your luggage to the tent and picking it up from the tent each day. So much easier then searching for you luggage n a big pile every day.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI