RAGBRAI LI Weeklong and Day Passes available until 7/5!

Mom and Daughter looking for riding partners

Mom and daughter duo looking for riding/possible driving partners. We’d love to have vehicle along for the simple luxuries like ice at the end of the ride, lawn chairs, and NOT schlepping our bags from the RAGBRAI semi every day. College aged daughter will ride every day; mom is OK taking turns driving (every other day). We’re low-key “it’s about the journey” type of people and looking for the same. We’re in central Iowa, but we love to make new friends from anywhere!

10 Replies

kweerts, June 10, 2023 at 5:25 pm

I may be able to help you. PM me if you are interested.

kweerts, June 10, 2023 at 5:31 pm

Actually, who am I kidding? I barely even know what PM means, nor will I know if you PM’d me, let alone how to reply. Kindly gmail me at kittykevin@.

pudge, June 12, 2023 at 7:01 pm

Are you willing to carry small bag from town to town?

Joe Chavis, June 15, 2023 at 7:56 am

Hello Mom and Daughter. My name is Joe. I have ridden every RAGBRAI since 1997. Have used secondary carriers to include OOS cyclists Bike World… Owned a motorhome, traveled in my Pathfinder…. ….yadda yadda.This year as last year we will drive non stop from North Carolina to the ride start. We have in conjunction with a now (4yr) friend from Animoa pre arranged yard/ home/ at least a destination point for 5-6 of the overnight towns. HOWEVER, it seems that there may be only 3-4 of us in the van from NC this year instead of the normal 6-7. Due to – this week a ‘busted’ knee cap on one female rider, a new relationship with another female rider( she aint going), out the country with the third female rider. It seems there will be ME (Joe 73yr old) Keith 75yr old and Tom a young 50 something. We will again this year be traveling in my 7 passenger van. Abandoned the 15 passenger van 3yrs ago. We will not be dragging the enclosed trailer this year therefore: driving the van is not an issue. So if you’d like to meet us in the start town… and jump in the van…Just let me know. Fuel costs across the state of Iowa will be minimal. (est. $20-30 each) I have gigantiac cooler, medium cooler, charging capability in the van. Can transport 9-12 bikes on top of the van in case of severe Iowa weather. Yup if it’s a rain event or terrible conditions, we wimp out get in the truck and enjoy the day. We will be joined by our Anamosa couple and their vehicle and mebbe one other couple with their vehicle. Some of the overnite private home hosts have indoor spots some will be yard camping. I have mebbe ridden 200 miles since last July… the other two guys ride like a million miles a year. IF you have interest, volunteering to drive one day or half day would/will be greatly appreciated. We have mastered the half day, for times like this year when our participation is limited. Room in the van for all your bags baggage tents chairs yadda yadda. You can call me 336.681.7131 email dbchavisjr@gmail.com IF you call, my phone is ALWAYS on silent leave a message – I have protective custody of my 2yr old GREAT granddaughter (the reason I don’t ride) and IF she hears my phone ringing.. she thinks it’s for her.

Joe Chavis, June 15, 2023 at 8:01 am

Oh yeah, I’m an old guy. But I think PM means private message? Your daughter as would mine will know. lol

Madalene Mohawk, July 10, 2023 at 10:31 pm

Hi Lisa!

I’m riding with a small team, and like your low-key plan. I am looking to spend a day or two riding with women (my team is pretty much all men). Let me know if you’d like to meet up and ride together!

tom, July 12, 2023 at 11:47 am

My wife and I have done RAGBRAI many different ways. Now we have an SUV pulling a small trailer and alternating. My hope is to peddle with my wife a day or two. We have cooler for food/drink, grill, stove and hot shower. We are both 62 year old avid cyclists. Text me if you are interested Tom 402-980-6549

wildbill3, July 12, 2023 at 12:40 pm

Team Bitch N Moan out of Cherokee would have room for you on our bus. My wife would love to have some female companions. We have 12 total and 2 females.

LisaWS, July 13, 2023 at 8:38 am

Would love to connect; can you email me? Lisa.wiebenga@gmail.com
Thanks!

LisaWS, July 13, 2023 at 5:00 pm

Sure! Send me an email and we can try to coordinate Lisa.wiebenga@gmail.com.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters