RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Monona County Appreciation Thread

Many thanks to Monona County for hosting the opening day ride on RAGBRAI. This thread is for riders/vendors to express their appreciate for the county’s efforts. RAGBRAI is a ride for riders and vendors who will enjoy every mile of RAGBRAI including our visit to Monona County. And our overnight host, the city of Onawa.

5 Replies

Barry Schnoor, May 25, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Looking forward to being back in Onawa for the first time in 24 years! Pretty excited to spend some time in the ol’ stomping grounds…

Bitsy Gurney, May 25, 2018 at 5:28 pm

I look forward to the riding but am a little nervous about the hills! Hopefully they are mageable, I was also considering the first day gravel loop. Thanks for all you are doing to welcome all us riders.

BarryTantlinger, May 26, 2018 at 12:41 am

Apparently, we don’t much appreciate Monona.

Mark Weintraub, May 26, 2018 at 9:31 am

Agreed. Thanks that is. Looking forward to being there.

KenH, May 26, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I appreciate the efforts that Monona County and all the other counties and towns make on our behalf each year. I hope that our presence brings some net economic benefit to all of them even if not every individual governmental body can show a benefit. It is the people and local governments of Iowa along with the state police and of course the Register team that make this possible year after year. It’s a grand thing that they invented in 1973 without understanding what it could and has become. I hope it continues on for long after I am gone!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI