While reading many of the threads in this year’s forum, I am reminded of some wisdom that my Daddy shared with me when I was a young’un. For what it’s worth, I’d like to share his wisdom with my fellow RAGBRAIers.
1. Never argue with a fool. Bystanders may not be able to tell who is who.
2. Never wrestle with a pig. You’ll get dirty and the pig will have a good time regardless.
3. Don’t waste your time trying to teach a mule how to dance. You’ll get frustrated and the mule doesn’t want to learn how to dance anyway.
4. Don’t criticize someone who mispronounces a word when SPEAKING. It means that they learned the word by READING.
5. All people are “Ons.” Some are Less”ons” that we can learn from, while other people are Mor”ons” (’nuff said).
6. A corollary to #5: Nobody knows everything. We can learn something from everybody and teach something to everybody (both positive and negative things).
Please share your words of wisdom. I’d like to pass them along to my grandchildren. Thanks.
See you along the I-O-Way in July.