My Proposal of Reconciliation

Let DMR continue the west-east route and TJ start a new east-west route. The two routes make an X shape and meet on Iowa State Fairgrounds on Wednesday. After the big brawl, each rider will have the choice of continuing the original route or turning back for the either East or West half of the X.

18 Replies

“Bicycle Bill”, October 17, 2019 at 11:16 pm

While Chris Cakes has been on RAGBRAI just about forever (I ran across them in Storm Lake on my first RAGBRAI in 1978, when Loren Christiansen was still the man with the magical pancake-flipping spatula) I thought they were pretty much an independent and private contractor, much like one of the bands hired to provide entertainment in a bar, hired by some group — like the local fire department in one of the early AM pass-through towns, for example — to provide a service along the route and as such did not deal directly with RAGBRAI itself.

This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  "Bicycle Bill".

Sunflower, October 18, 2019 at 12:31 am

Exactly.

Sandaltan ., October 18, 2019 at 8:30 am

The comments made by the Chris Cakes vendor are puzzling. Food vendors have never been affiliated with, selected by or placed in any location by the DMR RAGBRAI director or his crew. Food vendors are not a service provided by RAGBRAI. Other rides in other states is a different story, I can remember having pancakes for breakfast four days in a row on a southern state ride years ago. That ride director was informed by the majority of his riders that if you have pancakes four days in a row next year “we ain’t commin back!”.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015