Join Us in July - Register Today!

Need a Bike Shop in Glenwood

Hi all you Glenwood Dwellers

I need to ship my bike to Glenwood to get it tuned up for the ride – I could find a bike shop online easy enough, but would prefer a personal recommendation.
Anyone?
Helen

22 Replies

helenheart, March 8, 2011 at 3:47 pm

ps – if we could leave this thread open for real responses, free of smart*ss comments, that would be really really nice (you know who you are) xo

#15904

jwsknk, March 8, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Team Skunk Bike Shop
middle of a field
somewhere near or in
Glenwood, Ia.
no C.O.D.

I’m sure we would get it and take care of you :-)
trust us, would we lie?

#15905

Michrider !!!, March 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm

helenheart said: ps – if we could leave this thread open for real responses, free of smart*ss comments, that would be really really nice (you know who you are) xo

OK, you asked for it.  Yes, I know who I am!  However,as I read both comments I surmise that your looking for that “personal touch”!!!!!

#15906

dberry, March 8, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I take all my bikes to Omaha Nebraska… Trek store on 72nd street.

we take our 4 individual and tandem there and they always do great work.

we have them turn ours up and look over our bikes before we travel on RAGBRAI.

#15907

jwsknk, March 9, 2011 at 8:11 am

HH, are you coming in a day or two early, like on thursday or friday , again? we get there mid afternoon Saturday. Our mechanic owns a shop in Minneapolis and comes prepared for anything.

#15908

Michrider !!!, March 9, 2011 at 9:00 am

jwsknk said: HH, are you coming in a day or two early, like on thursday or friday , again? we get there mid afternoon Saturday. Our mechanic owns a shop in Minneapolis and comes prepared for anything.

I believe H.H. needs a shop so she can ship her cardboard box (bike still inside from 2009) to an actual address.

#15909

“Bicycle Bill”, March 9, 2011 at 9:48 am

Michrider said:

jwsknk said: HH, are you coming in a day or two early, like on thursday or friday , again? we get there mid afternoon Saturday. Our mechanic owns a shop in Minneapolis and comes prepared for anything.

I believe H.H. needs a shop so she can ship her cardboard box (bike still inside from 2009) to an actual address.
How about

To Whom It May Concern
General Delivery
Glenwood, IA  51534

Then once she gets there she can mark it “Return to Sender”.  It will go back to San Fran Cisco and still be in the box, nice and safe and ready for next year!

-“BB”-

#15910

jameswithacanon, March 9, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Sorry but you won’t have much luck with a bike shop in Glenwood.
I live in Glenwood and there hasn’t been one since I have been alive.

Now, there is a t-shirt shop that started showing some stuff from a Council Bluffs shop called Xtreme Wheels.  I don’t know how many services they are offering but it may be an option for you.  I will try to stop by and check it out if I can.  Xtreme Wheels isn’t too far away anyway.

Here is their web address:  http://www.xtremewheels.com/home.asp

Hope this is some help at least.

James

#15911

pHIlo, March 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said: How about To Whom It May ConcernGeneral DeliveryGlenwood, IA  51534 Then once she gets there she can mark it “Return to Sender”.  It will go back to San Fran Cisco and still be in the box, nice and safe and ready for next year!-“BB”-

LMFAO!!

#15912

Bartaped, March 9, 2011 at 4:15 pm

HH, the xstreme wheels shop is a good one. I have dealt with them in the past. They are even on the same road to Glenwood. I will be riding past their front door on Friday on my way to Glenwood.

#15913

Sandaltan ., March 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm

HH:  Much of this could be put to rest if you would post a current photo of you standing next to your bike…not in the box of course.  The bike is out of the box….isn’t it?  And you are riding…aren’t you???

RIDE RIGHT

#15914

Michrider !!!, March 9, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Sandaltan said: HH:  Much of this could be put to rest if you would post a current photo of you standing next to your bike…not in the box of course.  The bike is out of the box….isn’t it?  And you are riding…aren’t you???

RIDE RIGHT

My prediction:  The RAGBRAI bike is still boxed!!!!!!

#15915

Ragbrai Nation, March 10, 2011 at 6:40 am

Apparently, Mich. The ragbrai flagship will need a little dusting off.  :P

#15916

Michrider !!!, March 10, 2011 at 6:45 am

Bacchettaman said: Apparently, Mich. She keeps it boxed because it’s her ragbrai flagship and it just needs a little dusting off.

It’s been in that box since RAGBRAI 2009 ended.  She needs a shop that can, check it out, tune it up and probably replace dry rotted tires!!!!!

#15917

Ragbrai Nation, March 10, 2011 at 6:54 am

Well ya because it was out in the sun all week that year! Can someone please help???

#15918

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters