Need a Team? We have room! Leaving from Chicago ~ Ride with the C.U.B.S. team

* Saturday, July 20th: 4 am (!) meet at Todd Hall School in Lincolnwood – load up bikes & luggage on a truck, board the tour-style bus & be on the road by 5 am.
* Camping in host families’ yards as well as indoor facilities such as libraries, gymnasiums, etc. depending upon availability. Hotel accommodations the night of the banquet dinner.
* Shower facilities available on a daily basis.
* Everyone is responsible for bringing their own tent… or buddy up with a friend (FYI – REI rents tents, sleeping bags and pads, etc).
* Tent set-up available – make your arrangements directly with the CUBS crew ($).
* Daily lite continental breakfast & coffee; snacks, pop & beer at the end of the day.

Logistics / Services / Amenities
* Free lot parking available at Todd Hall School for anyone who needs to leave their car for the week.
* Team jersey, T-shirt, & socks for all CUBS riders.
* Banquet dinner (Casual! Shorts & Tshirts)
* Packed tent & bags must be on truck by 8 am daily.
* Past riders suggested bringing about $300/person in cash to cover daily food & drink along the route; bring debit/credit card for other expenses such as souvenirs, bike repairs, restaurant meals, & any unforeseen expenses.
* Marked route from end-of-day town to overnight accommodations available by 2 pm each day.
* Van transport from overnight accommodations into town; also from one overnight stop to the next if necessary (injury, fatigue, mechanical failure, etc).
* Electronics charging available at each overnight stop.
* Massage therapists available (approximately $1.00/minute).
For MORE INFO:
http://www.ragbraicubs.org/index.php

13 Replies

PAM JUSTEN, April 18, 2019 at 7:16 pm

We still have a few more openings on our bus if anyone from the Chicago area is still looking for a team

Nate Inglis Steinfeld, May 12, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Hey there! Any spots left on your bus to/from? Looking for a last minute ride there and back–I’ll have support during the week. Thanks!
– Nate

PAM JUSTEN, May 13, 2019 at 10:15 am

I think we still have room on the bus. Contact Brad P for cost and more details:
beeves@juno.com

Holly Crilly, May 15, 2019 at 8:35 am

Hi there. I have two bikes i’m looking to have transported from Chicago to Council Bluffs / start of race. Do you have room and, if so, what is the cost? We have other transportation to start of race, but need help with our bikes. Would prefer to not have to box them, but certainly can be flexible and box them if we need to. Please let me know if the CUBS team can help and thanks for considering, Holly

Sharon Covey, May 29, 2019 at 11:08 pm

How much and do u pick up any one along the way?

Sharon Covey, May 29, 2019 at 11:09 pm

How much and do u pick up any one along the way?

Sharon Anne

PAM JUSTEN, June 3, 2019 at 5:13 pm

sorry, we are not a charter service, but a team of riders who have a few spots left on our bus. We are unable to meet, or pick up any rider and/or bike.

Caroline Simpson, June 4, 2019 at 8:19 am

I am a RAGBRAI newbie out of Chicago and might be interested in joining the team. This is actually my first big bike ride event of this nature and (although I’ve been training) I am worried I wont keep pace with you all, is that a requirement?

PAM JUSTEN, June 4, 2019 at 10:57 am

Hi Caroline! No worries about not keeping pace, as RAGBRAI is a ride, not a race. We have riders of all abilities, and speeds. If this is your first time, this is a good group to go with because they take care of all of the arrangements as far as housing and transportation.
Here is our web page where you can get more info:
http://www.ragbraicubs.org/index.php

PAM JUSTEN, June 4, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Hi Caroline,
you can give our leader Brad a call and he can fill you in on the details. (312) 919-0700 Or send him an email at beeves@juno.com Hope you decide to ride with us!

Mark Kerber, June 23, 2019 at 6:53 pm

I’m just looking for a ride for 3 guys (w/ bikes and gear) from Keokuk back to Chicago. Can that be done?

Mark

PAM JUSTEN, June 24, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Hi Mark,
We are unable to help you. Have you tired Bicycle IL? They have charters from the end town back to Chicago:
http://www.bicycleillinois.com/ragbraitransportation/ragbraitransportation.htm

PAM JUSTEN, June 24, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Hi Mark,
We are unable to help you. Have you tired Bicycle IL? They have charters from the end town back to Chicago:
http://www.bicycleillinois.com/ragbraitransportation/ragbraitransportation.htm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI