* Saturday, July 20th: 4 am (!) meet at Todd Hall School in Lincolnwood – load up bikes & luggage on a truck, board the tour-style bus & be on the road by 5 am.
* Camping in host families’ yards as well as indoor facilities such as libraries, gymnasiums, etc. depending upon availability. Hotel accommodations the night of the banquet dinner.
* Shower facilities available on a daily basis.
* Everyone is responsible for bringing their own tent… or buddy up with a friend (FYI – REI rents tents, sleeping bags and pads, etc).
* Tent set-up available – make your arrangements directly with the CUBS crew ($).
* Daily lite continental breakfast & coffee; snacks, pop & beer at the end of the day.
Logistics / Services / Amenities
* Free lot parking available at Todd Hall School for anyone who needs to leave their car for the week.
* Team jersey, T-shirt, & socks for all CUBS riders.
* Banquet dinner (Casual! Shorts & Tshirts)
* Packed tent & bags must be on truck by 8 am daily.
* Past riders suggested bringing about $300/person in cash to cover daily food & drink along the route; bring debit/credit card for other expenses such as souvenirs, bike repairs, restaurant meals, & any unforeseen expenses.
* Marked route from end-of-day town to overnight accommodations available by 2 pm each day.
* Van transport from overnight accommodations into town; also from one overnight stop to the next if necessary (injury, fatigue, mechanical failure, etc).
* Electronics charging available at each overnight stop.
* Massage therapists available (approximately $1.00/minute).
For MORE INFO: