need advice- which airport to fly in and out of?

Hi all- i have a last minute wristband, so trying to buy tickets now. I’m not familiar with the area. Omaha sounds like the place to fly into, but what is the place to fly out of?

I also need a ride/carpool/car share to and from these airports- HELP please?
Thank you! Thank you!

Natalie

5 Replies

Juerg Tschirren, July 11, 2019 at 3:46 pm

Quad Cities International Airport (MLI) is probably the nearest big airport (“big” being relative) near Keokuk. But there are a couple smaller ones that are closer, probably with much fewer destinations they offer. Have a look at Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/search/airports+near+Keokuk,+IA

Chicago airports are an option (O’Hare and Midway) if you can catch a ride to Chicago (there should be plenty of people heading that way). Other options are Cedar Rapids (CID) and St. Louis.

This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Juerg Tschirren.

This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Juerg Tschirren.

Larry Klaaren, July 11, 2019 at 4:00 pm

I would call the Keokuk committee, or send an email, and ask them what airport people in that town fly out of when they go somewhere. Depends a bit where you are headed also.

John Kiehl, July 11, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I’ve flown out of Burlington to Chicago twice, but that was years ago, 1992 and 1997.

Brady Bisgard, July 12, 2019 at 8:07 am

I would call the Keokuk committee, or send an email, and ask them what airport people in that town fly out of when they go somewhere. Depends a bit where you are headed also.

I really don’t think you should bother the Keokuk committee with this question – it is getting close to RAGBRAI and we can figure some things out.

Fly in at Omaha and you can get a shuttle or Uber to the start. Fly out of Moline and youll have to figure out a ride to the airport as its a few hours. Pork Bellys and other charters have shuttles.

Larry Klaaren, July 12, 2019 at 12:13 pm

Not that big of a question, What’s the airport people who live in Keokuk use?” It will be two weeks from tomorrow until we get to Keokuk. Or call the chamber or a hotel and ask. Looking at the map, Quincy, IL seems like an option.

This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Larry Klaaren.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015