RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party set for Friday, January 28! Get your tickets

Need Bike for 2 days

Hi,
Will be visiting in IA from CA and would love to ride Webster City to CR but will need to rent a bike. Have checked with all the bike shops in Waterloo area and no one will rent for Ragbrai as I guess they have had bad experiences in the past. If anyone has a spare bike they would rent please contact me. I’ll be able to pick up and return bike. Thanks for any help.

My first Ragbrai was 1975 :-)
Greg

6 Replies

jwsknk, May 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

There Ar some demo bless at the expo they let people take out for a day. Don’t know haw far in advance you need to reserve one. Have toe tried other cities? Ames (Bicycle. Surplus ) Des Moines (Parks & Rec I think, at Grays Lake or Benton. Skating Plaza )

Chirpy, May 5, 2012 at 5:41 pm

gpint:
Hi,
Will be visiting in IA from CA and would love to ride Webster City to CR but will need to rent a bike.Have checked with all the bike shops in Waterloo area and no one will rent for Ragbrai as I guess they have had bad experiences in the past.If anyone has a spare bike they would rent please contact me.I’ll be able to pick up and return bike.Thanks for any help.

I have a 4 year old Schwinn hybrid cruiser, 21 speed that I have set up with narrow tires, gel seat cover and rack among other things that you are welcome to. I live about 100 miles Southeast of Webster City though and about 90 Southwest of CR. I would hope to you could find something closer but it is and option..

My first Ragbrai was 1975 :-)
Greg

GP_in_SD, May 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm

jwshnk, I’m visiting the NE Iowa area, flying into Minneapolis, so had hoped to get something closer than Des Moines etc but thanks for the suggestion.

Chirpy, thanks for the response. I’ll keep you in mind while looking for something closer. Haven’t riden a hybrid cruiser before. Have riden my Kestrel Talon on several Ragbrai’s so a hybrid would be a change :-)

Greg

Anonymous, May 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm

gpint, you may want to post what size and style bike you need and then …

… you may be able to jump on with a team for a couple days and use or rent one of a team members extra or older bikes. You could pay rent or leave gas money for the bus or some arrangement and would not have to worry about returning a rented bike, just leave it with the team member on the bus.

Of course you may already have your support lined up. Good Luck

Sue, June 11, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Have you found a bike yet? We are in Des Moines and might be able to help out.

My first and only RAGBRAI was 1975 – fond memories…

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI