Join Us in July - Register Today!

Never too soon

I start training for next years RAGBRAI this weekend. I can’t wait. Gonna start slow, maybe just clean up the bike or adjust the saddle or something. Probably have a beer while I’m at it.

22 Replies

Ken Reed, August 14, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Cyduke: I’d take that route any day of the week.

hnschipper, August 14, 2017 at 2:25 pm

I hope if Dyersville is considered again, they don’t repeat the camping snafu from the last time they hosted.

jake d, August 14, 2017 at 8:26 pm

cyduke,
You might just have a winner with your pick. Onawa struggled a little
the last time we were there, but I wouldn’t rule them out. Montezuma
might be a push given there size and inexperience. I’m thinking more
Grinnell. I love Johnston as a pick. It’s a very doable option for
hitting the DM metro with minimal hassle getting in and out. Plus add
3-4 miles and I get to sleep at home.

CyclingCyclone, August 14, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Heck, I don’t know about that. Every year since we could guess the route, I’d include Lansing. This year I didn’t, and look where we ended!

SFC JKL 2, August 14, 2017 at 11:13 pm

I’m thinking a frown shaped route down the I-80 corridor. As far as riding goes, worry about training for next year next year. We still have a lot of riding yet to do this year. Ragbrai is a highlight, not the end of the riding season.

W Fanning, August 15, 2017 at 6:16 am

SFC JKL2.. A lot what you said makes sense.. RAGBRAI is the highlight.. Training never ends.. it might change.. there’s still plenty of bike riding season left… High Bridge Trail in Farmville, VA.. Gran Fondo Hincapie in Greenville, SC… Thanksgiving weekend if the weather is descent.. The Virginia Creeper Trail… hopefully next spring Great Allegheny Passage which is the Piitsburgh to Cumberland, Md Trail… Then RAGBRAI 2018…

Ken Reed, August 15, 2017 at 11:22 am

Alright, here are two waaaaaaay too early predictions for the route next year:

1) Missouri Valley – Atlantic – Greenfield – Ankeny – Newton – Grinnell – North Liberty – Muscatine

2) Onawa – Denison – Jefferson – Ames – Marshalltown – Vinton – Monticello – Bellevue

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters