New Clothing Vendor for 2022? Attn: Dieter

Either get Primal to improve their quality or get a new clothing vendor in 2022. That cheap zig-zag stitching the shorts have to attach the chamois rips little holes in the spandex when pulling them on is one example (at the top of the zig, or is it the zag?). And then of course the holes start expanding over time. My 2014 jersey has different diameters on the sleeve also. The right sleeve is tight around the elastic and the left is loose like it should be with my thinner arms. (and yes, my arms are the same diameter)

Some manufacturers like Hincapie do very good prices on larger orders and yet the clothing quality is top notch. I bought some through a Chattanooga bike club that was nearly 50% off their regular retail price for plain, no customization clothes. They also offer club and race fit sizes.

This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by mootsman.

7 Replies

Luv 2 Ski, September 8, 2020 at 11:56 am

Pactimo all the way. Our team uses them and we are highly satisfied. They have jerseys in what they call Traditional(Club) fit and Aero(Race) fit. Really good for the cost when you do group orders.

olddownhiller, September 8, 2020 at 5:38 pm

Just to balance this out a bit, I have been happy with the 13 RAGBRAI jerseys I have. Have not bought any RAGBRAI shorts so must defer to those who have first hand experience with RAGBRAI shorts.

Mike Howe, September 8, 2020 at 6:45 pm

I have several Primal jerseys and a pair of shorts. I havent had any issues at all. They’ve always seem to be pretty good.

Jboz, September 8, 2020 at 7:44 pm

I have some decent Primal jerseys too, but like Mootsman…my 2014 jersey was a disaster. I intend to have a seamstress try to do something with the sleeves. Both are super tight, like constricting. Can’t even wear it, but it’s my least favorite RAGBRAI design so it’s no great loss.

jpclark7, September 9, 2020 at 5:50 pm

Just ditch Primal and wear Fitness Lynn-themed clothing!

Fish-net Friday…
Loin cloth Wednesday…

Amanda, September 10, 2020 at 7:44 am

Just ditch Primal and wear Fitness Lynn-themed clothing!

Fish-net Friday…
Loin cloth Wednesday…

HAHAHAHA! Quarantine has not been good for me. Plus I will be 63 so I am suggesting changes on your day themes

Flounder Friday
Lots a clothes Wednesday – ain’t nobody wanna see this old lady without lots of clothes!

Thanks for the laugh! Have a wonderful day!

jpclark7, September 10, 2020 at 5:49 pm

LOL, Amanda! You live once! Get the themed clothing ready!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015