New year, new website, new yucks 🤪

Let’s take this baby for a test ride and see how it handles! If I don’t hit any bumps and crash, I’ll post a new joke starting tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hip hip hooray for ALL of Team Ragbrai at the DMR, from the Pilot to the Stoker to all of the links in this chain.

See you along the I-O-Way in July!!!

201 Replies

Rob Fuller, July 22, 2021 at 7:38 pm

“What’s the scoop on ice cream in Le Mars?” Tom sweetly milked the pun.

HelenP, July 23, 2021 at 5:44 am

“Should we Register that front line scoop?”, Tom rabbited on, until even he felt blue.

T. Gap Woo, July 23, 2021 at 7:53 am

Ex Libris T. Gap Woo

“Frozen Treats at Ragbrai 48’s Expo” by The Screem Brothers (I. and Hugh), Wilson Terprizes, Lem Marz, Rocky Rhodes, Bunny Trax and Vanna LaKone.

🤪 (rim shot)

See you along the I-O-Way tomorrow.

T. Gap Woo, July 24, 2021 at 10:00 am

Back in the “olden days,” Ragbrai’ers were a happy-go-lucky bunch of fun-seeking, beer-drinking partiers, eagerly training and preparing for Ragbrai 48, anxiously awaiting the starting date. Then, Covid 19 hit and it seemed like the world came to a screeching halt. The heartbreak and sense of disappointment among Ragbrai’ers was palpable.

I felt it to be a worthy endeavor to do my part, however minor, to help lift everyone’s spirits and bring some humor to this miserable situation. Hence, “We could all use a good laugh” (and its successor “New year, new website, new yucks 🤪”) was born.

Now, almost 16 months and close to 1,000 jokes and puns later, it looks like life is returning to “normal.” 🤞. Ragbrai 48’s expo is today and the ride is off and running tomorrow. Life is good!! Spirits don’t need to be lifted anymore. They are as high as an Iowa water tower.

Therefore, it is with a tinge of sadness that I am announcing that today’s entry is my last. Thank you to all of my Ragbrai brethren and sistern who contributed to this thread (feel free to keep contributing!) and provided words of encouragement through PM.

Here’s one for the road:

Ex Libris T. Gap Woo

“A Tribute to the Bikers and over 600,000 Covid Victims We’ve Lost” by Payne R. Respex and Myles O’Silenz.

😢 (no rim shot today)

Happy trails to you! Have a safe ride. Until we meet again may the good Lord hold you in the palm of His hand. See you along the I-O-Way.

Sandaltan ., July 24, 2021 at 10:14 am

Thank you TGW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkQk_1OV9Y

RIDE RIGHT

T. Gap Woo, August 11, 2021 at 11:51 am

After a successful Ragbrai, let’s all cheer!
We ate lots of pie and drank lots of beer.

We’re now back in training
To shed weight we’ve been gaining.

We’ll be ready to ride next year.

🤪 (rim shot)

See you along the I-O-Way in 2022.

Viewing 6 replies - 196 through 201 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI