The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Newbie team lead looking for advice!

Hi Everybody!

I’m organizing a group for the first time. I’m a little confused on a few points. Is the registration deadline for a group April 1st? Do I have to prepay for positions on the team when I register the team, then get paid back by members as they join, or do I register the team, then have members sign up for the team through online registration? Vehicle registration occurs after April 1st correct?

Are there any other major registration issues, or tips and tricks you can share with me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Keep spinning!

8 Replies

TheBus2003, January 10, 2018 at 1:10 pm

As group contact, I believe you can set up for individuals to pay online. If you do paper registrations they all need to go in together with one payment.

Vehicle pass is requested at same time as registration.

https://ragbrai.com/registration/

Zachary Hassler, January 10, 2018 at 1:29 pm

Thanks Bus!

I’ll look into online registration for my team, and make sure we have a vehicle registration in the pipe too.

Amanda, January 11, 2018 at 7:04 am

When you set up your group, you will invite your friends to join. They then will have to pay their own registration. It’s all online so it makes it pretty easy. When you close your group then you have to pay. That is also when you apply for the vehicle pass. Just don’t close your group until everyone has registered and paid. We try to have ours done by March 1. Not sure why!

trknight, January 15, 2018 at 4:16 pm

I think my group has a March 1 deadline as well (at which time the group becomes closed). It may be that’s what the group leaders have decided as it eliminates the last minute entries and avoids the April 1 last minute rush. Looking at the website there doesn’t appear to be anything required March 1.

Marla Shifflett, January 15, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Yes, you’ll set up your group and your group will have a name and a number. Your team members can just log on to the RAGBRAI website and find your group and register as a member of your group. They each pay their own “way.” All waivers can just be filled out online, except the minors (if you have any). After all of your members have registered you will pay for yourself and vehicle passes when you close your group. Members of your group can register for the full week or register for day passes if they aren’t riding seven days. You can register for different types of vehicle passes (RV, support, etc.). As the lead for the group you will be able to see when people have registered, paid, etc. Each person will create their own username, password, etc., on the website, but you’ll be able to see their activity. It’s really very easy these days. Perhaps my wordiness makes it sound worse than it is. lol All of the registration materials (wristbands, bike bands, books, vehicle passes, bike plates, zip-ties, etc.) will be mailed to you as the leader of the group and you’ll distribute them. Don’t forget to bring a Sharpie! That’s the group leaders main job – bring the Sharpie and the extra zip-ties and tape (I don’t know why, but duct tape and electrical tape always come in handy!). When I get the packet in the mail, I just create a ziplock bag for each person and put their name on the bag. Welcome to RAGBRAI as a group leader!

Zachary Hassler, May 2, 2018 at 8:40 am

Thanks for all the advice guys!

One more thing. I received an email last night that I got in. Does that mean that my entire team got in as well?

R-Daryl Daryl, May 2, 2018 at 8:50 am

Yes, your entire group got in. It is all-or-none with groups.
When you log into your profile, you can download a excel spreadsheet of your group summary with wristband numbers.

sonofalon, May 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Mamaloon of Team Loon likes to close out her team in mid February. This coincides with the paper registration deadline.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

RAGBRAI XL – 2012