Nightly Entertainment & Band Announcements

The nightly entertainment announcements seem to be “later” (non yet) than in years past. Any known reason for the delay? Will the nightly entertainment be curtailed due to COVID-19? Without the entertainment, the need for packed shuttles greatly decreases along with the volunteers. Maybe the food trucks normally located near the entertainment venues will get dispersed around to the larger camping areas.

These “concerns” are by no means a deal breaker for me and are very small compared to what has occurred over the last 15 months. I think we know this year will not be like Ragbrai of years past. I’m just trying to level set my expectations.

Any news or information would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

Rob Fuller, May 27, 2021 at 11:56 am

Especially wondering about Tuesday night in Iowa falls because many riders will arrive by the afternoon.
And of course we’re hoping Wednesday night in Waterloo will be rockin’.

hnschipper, May 27, 2021 at 1:14 pm

Iowa Falls page (the one here on the RAGBRAI website) says they’ll announce bands by the end of May. Waterloos’s page says this: Headlining the evening entertainment will be Purple Xperience featuring Marshall Charloff – a Prince Tribute band. We can’t wait for you to experience Waterloo!

Uncle Kraig, May 27, 2021 at 1:17 pm

The other thing I noticed that seems different this year is the lack of websites for each of the host towns. While they still may put one up yet, it sure seems like at this point in years past the websites have been published, promoted, etc. Usually the websites went live with the towns theme being announced. Given most towns had since last January, I actually thought we may have seen them out earlier this year. Oh well, I would assume they will still be launching them at some point, time will tell.

hnschipper, May 27, 2021 at 1:29 pm

This year, there seems to be more information on each hosts town’s page here on the RAGBRAI website than in the past. In the last, there used to be a link to each his town’s external website, but this year it seems that the information that used to be on the external website is now on the town’s page here on the RAGBRAI website. So maybe they are moving away from external websites and housing all that info here on the RAGBRAI site instead.

Heather, May 31, 2021 at 8:11 pm

Anyone know when/if Hairball is playing?

gas gas, June 1, 2021 at 5:40 am

Looks like no Hairball this year . http://www.hairballonline.com/hairball-shows/

Here are their July 2021 shows

FRI – JULY 16, 2021 MASON CITY (IA) USA MASON CITY
SAT – JULY 17, 2021 EDGERTON (MN) USA EDGERTON DUTCH FESTIVAL
SUN – JULY 18, 2021 MINOT (ND) USA FREIGHT HOUSE
SAT – JULY 24, 2021 ZANESVILLE (OH) USA
FRI – JULY 30, 2021 ANCHORAGE (AK)
SAT – JULY 31, 2021 FAIRBANKS (AK)

hnschipper, June 1, 2021 at 9:20 am

HAIRBALL has no other shows scheduled for that week, so it doesn’t mean they won’t be playing RAGBRAI. They could still schedule a show.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI