RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

No lottery for 2022

T-1 day until RAGBRAI XLIX 2022 registration opens! 💫 SURPRISE – NO MORE LOTTERY! 💫

For more info on how that will work: https://ragbrai.com/about/faqs/

Registration opens first thing Monday morning:
RAGBRAI.com/registration (further details added tomorrow)

We will be out of the office over the weekend but back bright and early tomorrow to answer any and all questions!

RAGBRAI is no longer hosting the lottery.
Effective November 15, 2021, RAGBRAI will no longer host the weeklong rider lottery. RAGBRAI is still limited to an approximate number of riders and non-riders each year. The ride will still be capped at the same numbers but registration will be based on first-come, first-served basis. If you register and pay, you will automatically be guaranteed a wristband number and entry into the 2022 ride. Wristband numbers will still be issued in May 2022. Riders will receive an email with their wristband number and will have access to view it in their EnMotive account.

If we reach the cap a wait list will be started and riders will be contacted after April 1, 2022 if entries have been opened up. If you aren’t selected off the waitlist you will still have an opportunity to purchase a wristband from riders who are no longer able to attend. We recommend checking the forums on RAGBRAI.com/forums or social media for riders who are looking to transfer their registration credentials.

Moving to guaranteed registration allows riders to start planning for RAGBRAI from the moment they pay for their registration. No more worrying about getting in. Your wristband and entry are guaranteed.

28 Replies

bmyoungberg, November 14, 2021 at 8:35 pm

Smart move. It will encourage people to sign up earlier by creating some sense of urgency. It will be interesting to see if they do max out given supposedly no one has lost in the lottery for years.

IndigoInkTaco, November 15, 2021 at 4:43 am

Great! Had a reminder in my phone that reg opens today! Looking forward to my first RABGRAI!

bmyoungberg, November 15, 2021 at 8:05 am

Great. I have done five. First one was a learning experience (pace yourself for the week, not just the day for example). There is a RAGBRAI Newbies (that is the name) group on Facebook you may want to check out. Many new riders ask questions on there and some of us veterans are on there to answer.

Amanda, November 15, 2021 at 8:56 am

I just registered. This will be my 23, I think. LOL
I can’t wait!

BStokes, November 15, 2021 at 8:58 am

I like the change. Now I can focus on training!

Joseph Payer, November 15, 2021 at 10:36 am

Awesome, this will be my second. Now I can make sure I get the week off from work.

LawnchairMan, November 15, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Did anyone else have difficulty registering? I kept getting a page that said Ragbrai XLVIII registration is closed.
I finally went to my wife’s computer and searched for Ragbrai XLIX registration and was able to register.

Did anyone notice the waiver if Ragbrai XLVIII is cancelled we would be registered for XLIX? Since it wasn’t cancelled that waiver is meaningless.

KenH, November 16, 2021 at 3:57 pm

I don’t find the Enmotive site very user friendly and indeed I kept getting the registration closed page with no obvious way to register for next year. I started on my phone and never got there so I switched to my computer. I still had to do something that was not obvious to get to the right spot and I don’t remember what that was. One of my teammates who didn’t register last year reported that he created a new account and registered without any problems. There might be a bug that only affects returning customers, I didn’t see this issue last year.

I’m a team captain and I don’t get much information about my team setup. I got an email from RAGBRAI that mentioned some team features but I see nothing about them on Enmotive. I can’t say that Enmotive messed up anything for our team last year or so far this year. I can say that this is the least helpful registration website that I have ever used. It seems to get the job done, it gives you zero confidence that the job is done right.

rtford, November 17, 2021 at 6:55 am

Hi
I am a Team Captain. I have a question on team registration. I see the registration is first come first serve. Do we still register the team by having them register and then close out the team to make it official, or does each team member just register themselves and then affiliate with the team? The reason I ask is that if we are still using the old team registration process that puts pressure on me to push the team to have them all register quickly so I can close out the registration for everyone.

Corey, November 17, 2021 at 9:10 am

It looks to me like they need to fix the EnMotive link at the top of the RAGBRAI webpage as it’s still pointing at the 2021 registration, which is closed. If you click the link in the email RAGBRAI sent it takes you to the open 2022 registration page. Hope that helps.

gbtrektn, November 17, 2021 at 9:11 am

Yo!
I’m with you KenH rtford & LawnchairMan. Reg. is about as bad as last year. Why did they go with EnMotive?
My old group INMF #37 had all kinds of registration issues last year. Only one e-mail to our non captain listed our wristband #’s. When the bands finally arrived, all were the wrong numbers. We got spooked by the predictable long line at the RAGBRAI official info table. We were legal riders just under the wrong names.
Maybe this year we’ll be who we say we are…ha. You can register with a group on the RAGBRAI site, but not clear how on the EnMotive site. Last years dates are still listed too.
I think I’ll just wait and buy a wristband after Fools day on the open market. Might even get one “on sale”
Best to you all….safe trek/travels

The first come first served is to get the Moo-La coming in early.

jgyovai, November 17, 2021 at 9:41 am

First-time riders here! My girlfriend and I just registered and can not wait for July to come! We are traveling from Chicagoland and need to plan ahead with family, work, and especially TRAVEL. My original thought is to drive ourselves, gear in tow, as we will not have a support vehicle with us. Is there parking available for the week of the race at the starting city/town? Or should we plan to park at the airport, and shuttle to the starting line? If neither of these are viable options, I’m open to suggestions!
Thanks in advance for any replies,
Josh

AmyN, November 17, 2021 at 10:13 am

My, husband and I are also first time riders. I have question about getting to the rally and shipping our bikes. We will be fighting in from California.
Amy

AmyN, November 17, 2021 at 10:14 am

Sorry, our flight is from California.
Amy

Amanda, November 17, 2021 at 10:22 am

You will probably hear this a lot so I will start it. It’s not a race, it’s a ride. If you want to race, this is the wrong ride for you. You can ride as fast as you want but there is no trophy at the end. Just the sheer joy of achieving your goal. As for parking. They have week long parking at the start town and the end town. Some charters will have buses for people to ride from the end town to the begining town. You can choose either. Either meaning at the the start of the ride or at the end of the ride. Just make sure you get a ride either way. I drive to the start town and then get a ride back to the start town at the end. Hopefully I explained it halfway clearly!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI