Not an Ode to "He who shall not be named."

Apparently the Ode to “he who shall not be named” was deemed too insulting and the thread is being deleted. The intent of the thread was to publicly describe the damage caused by creating an alternate ride. In what looks to be an attempt to hurt a few people at The Register, this will forever damage the great institution and legacy of RAGBRAI. Seems like a temper tantrum that hurts the thousands of riders who love RAGBRAI rather than those few who are the intended targets. I am hoping the instigator of the “Impostor Ride” will reconsider what his actions will cause.

7 Replies

reedkennethia, October 21, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Someone else said this about the situation and it’s completely accurate: The people who are signing up for Iowa’s Ride are the same people who burned their Nikes and boycotted the NFL. I tend to agree with this seeing how many of my more conservative friends are bashing RAGBRAI in full support of Iowa’s Ride. TJ has basically created a “Red Ride” to complete with RAGBRAI (or “Blue Ride”) whether he intended to or not. IMO, you should not let your personal politics or your world view effect your riding habits. One Iowa. One Ride. One RAGBRAI.

This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  reedkennethia.

BarryTantlinger, October 21, 2019 at 8:01 pm

I come to Iowa as a card carrying left coast progressive and I know that many of the Iowans I meet each year have vastly different political views than I do. But for that one week every summer, all that goes out the window and we get to be people who like bikes, community, and pie. I worry this has been ruined.

If the world was like the week of Ragbrai, it would be a better place, but now that is gone.

Randi Rogers, October 22, 2019 at 2:46 pm

LOL…liberals venting because they cannot control the narrative. Just go ride your corporate ride if that’s what you want to do. If Bernie could get on a bike, he’d be riding Iowa’s ride. This isn’t about politics to us…only to you. If anyone’s making this about politics, it’s you. All smiles over on the Iowa’s Ride page. All bitterness here. Typical. Everything Lefties touch turns to merde.

This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Randi Rogers.

KenH, October 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm

RAGBRAI isn’t a Left ride, it isn’t a Right ride (although it does have the slogan Ride Right, hmmmm), RAGBRAI is Iowa’s ride. Always has been, always will be. RAGBRAI is Iowa’s ride for everyone. I don’t know who Iowa’s Ride is for but its representatives here are not leaving a good impression of it and TJ isn’t doing much better.

I’m a conservative, I’m a RAGBRAI rider.

Bob Braigar, October 24, 2019 at 4:47 pm

I’m curious how many “corporate rides” Randi Rogers has ridden? and who is the “us” he claims to be speaking for?

This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Bob Braigar.

mootsman, October 25, 2019 at 8:37 am

RR just registered for this forum a few days ago. Most of us on the forum have figured out RR is just a garden variety web-troll not to be taken seriously. Probably doesn’t even ride RAGBRAI if he rides at all. Someone pointed out RR’s similarity to Prince-Page and some other accounts the same troll has used before. Trolls of course just love arguing, nothing much else. This thread should have been deleted as it was argumentative from the start.

reedkennethia, October 25, 2019 at 9:06 am

Just go ride your corporate ride if that’s what you want to do. If Bernie could get on a bike, he’d be riding Iowa’s ride.

I got news for you: RAGBRAI has been a corporate ride since 1985 when Gannett bought the DMR. Stop with your faux right-wing trolling, Prince-Page…err, Randi. LOL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015