Ohio Riders????

Looking to connect with riders from Ohio who will be doing RAGBRAI this year. Thanks. Scott

17 Replies

FastEddy, December 28, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Hi Scott, I’m a Lorain County rider planning to do both rides in 2020. This will be my 11th RAGBRAI.

Scott Hagy, December 28, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Hey there. Those will be my first RAGBRAI. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Are you part of a team or do you ride individual?

Scott Hagy, December 29, 2019 at 3:58 pm

I am from Medina County…Brunswick to be exact.

FastEddy, December 29, 2019 at 7:26 pm

I’m in Oberlin, not far from you. Have always used the Pork Belly Ventures charter and been very happy with their service. I never pass up the chance to talk RAGBRAI, it’s my favorite ride!

Scott Hagy, December 29, 2019 at 11:20 pm

Not at all. I’m still trying to figure out which route I’m going to go. Have you ridden with a team?

Chris Miller, December 30, 2019 at 10:59 am

I’m originally from Ohio but live in New Hampshire now. I’m planning on my fifth consecutive RAGBRAI this year.
I would strongly recommend RAGBRAI….something about the scale of RAGBRAI makes it so exceptional and unique. There is nothing like it. And I would echo FastEddy above and recommend using Pork Belly Ventures. I have used them every year and sing their praises whenever I have the chance.
While I have Ohio riders reading….have any of you done the Ohio to Erie route? I am considering riding it this upcoming May.

Scott Hagy, December 31, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Thanks Chris. It’s funny that you should ask about Ohio to Erie. I believe my buddy and I are planning to do that ride in June. I just received the maps for the route, but haven’t looked at it any further. It definitely looks like an enjoyable ride. I am also looking forward to my first RAGBRAI this year. Thanks for the info…Scott

HillsAngels1, January 7, 2020 at 7:07 am

where a team from the Cincinnati area that offer a charter type surface if you want info pm me
Randy

Roy Trent, January 28, 2020 at 8:22 pm

We are from Powell Ohio, just north of the Columbus beltway. This will be our 4 Ragbrai in a row. We have camped, used host housing and hotels and last year we pulled a pop up camper. We have not decided our method for this year.

HillsAngels1, January 29, 2020 at 8:25 am

We’re a small team of 10 max from Lebanon have a bus camp in privet yards. Looking for a few more riders this year. With us you only need to ride your bike we provide the tent and set up/take down. Cold beverages of your choice.

Bernard Schwartze, January 29, 2020 at 1:31 pm

I have heard on the Pedalshift Society podcast that Ohio to Erie is a great ride. Good surfaces, lots of rest stops, decent dining options. A fun thing I think they discussed is that the state trails people have some sort of patch for those who ride the whole thing but my memory is fuzzy on that.

Thanks Chris. It’s funny that you should ask about Ohio to Erie. I believe my buddy and I are planning to do that ride in June. I just received the maps for the route, but haven’t looked at it any further. It definitely looks like an enjoyable ride. I am also looking forward to my first RAGBRAI this year. Thanks for the info…Scott

Chris Miller, January 29, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Thanks folks. I have the Ohio to Erie maps now. I appreciate the responses. The trail runs not far from my Grandparent’s farm site in Clinton County so I might do a side trip. I am contemplating a pre RAGBRAI training ride across Ohio.

O Regan, February 24, 2020 at 3:28 pm

From Columbus! Planning on doing RAGBRAI this year.

Hammock, February 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Pretty sure wife and I will be doing the 2020 ride…from Mason, OH (kings island). I’ve done a couple fulls by myself and some multi-day with wife. We really enjoy it. Not sure if we are doing full or not this year but we use RAGBRAI as an excuse to visit our son who lives in the Iowa City area.

This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Hammock.

T. Gap Woo, February 28, 2020 at 7:04 pm

Cut-and-pasted from a previous post I started, before finding this thread.

In preparation for this years rolling Mardi Gras that we all know and love as Ragbrai, I am planning to ride OTET, the Ohio to Erie Trail once winter bids us a fond farewell.

Has any of my brother or sister Ragbrai’ers ridden this route? North to south or vice versa doesn’t matter, as I have family in the greater Cleveland and Cincinnati areas.

All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance. See you along the I-O-Way in July.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015