Options for Finish to Start town.

We are 3 newbies that are planning to use one of the larger charter companies. The bus from finish town to the start town before the ride seems kind of pricey. Do people get creative and drive themselves to the start town, then pay a local to take their car to the finish town? Any other ways to not use the charter shuttle?

3 Replies

Denton Kernodle, January 24, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Last year I drove my truck to an over night town where I started the ride. I posted a note on the “form” page that I needed a ride from finish town back to where I left my truck and got two or three responses. I paid $50 to ride back to my truck, about a 2 hour ride. So, post a note that you need a ride and someone will answer. You have plenty of time to get the word out.

francoisvanzyl, January 24, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Last year there were 3 of us — we drove to the start town, dropped the bikes and all the stuff at the camping ground, drew some straws and one unlucky sod (me) had to drive the truck to the end town and catch a bus back. Granted we did this on the Friday before the ride so timing was not an issue. Also, just one guy riding the bus is not too bad as far as the price goes.

RagbraiJim, January 24, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Our team starts in the end town and takes our bus out to the start town, cost is $250 or $275 for week, we usually have showers set up, dinner on st least one night and a mid town meet up. Email me at jtanzosch@hotmail.com if interested.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI