Registration is open for RAGBRAI L!

Options for moving RV from one town to the next

I am interest in doing my first ride this summer. I am looking see if there is a service that would help me move my rv to the next town each day. That could be someone driving it, or me driving it to the next site and getting a ride back to that morning starting point. I am looking at doing 2-3 days of the ride
Thanks for any info.

24 Replies

HarkinsNest, May 30, 2022 at 1:37 am

I am in search of a driver for my RV. There are 7 of us, but we want to ride, not drive. :) Anyone available/interested? We are a group of friendly folk from Washington state.

UtahSlacker, May 30, 2022 at 1:47 pm

HarkinsNest,
I private messaged you my cell number. Call/text me to discuss details and options.
UtahSlacker

thillard, June 8, 2022 at 8:38 pm

I’m trying to find info on RV passes. How does that work and where do I find one? Our support vehicle is a converted van with no need for hookups. Thanks!

garywilk, June 9, 2022 at 8:41 am

The RV passes are part of the registration process. You had to have a few riders on a team in the past to qualify for one but I think it may of been different this year. Since Registration is closed, I think the only way to get one for this year is to keep checking the Forum for someone with one for sale and contact them. I think someone listed one yesterday.

Fast Freddy, June 10, 2022 at 6:52 am

We are in search of a driver as well. Is there still available help UtahSlacker?

Fast Freddy, June 16, 2022 at 5:05 pm

Thanks for the reply

jwoodrum, June 20, 2022 at 6:58 pm

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but this string seems to have a few different people asking about drivers.

As of just yesterday, my dad (disabled) asked me about him following us along in an rv. The thing is, he is disabled enough to drive a car short distances, but too disabled to handle an rv or a tow vehicle. However, we have two friends outside of our riding group that could handle driving an rv and that have expressed interest in being drivers for the week. No payment would be expected, and my dad would even probably offer something in return for being able to be a “tag along.” If this sort of arrangement fits with anyone out there needing a driver + 1, this would make me and my dad’s day. My dad was born/raised in SE IA, and is hankering for some adventure now that my mom passed last Valentine’s Day. I sure hope we can make something happen!

HarkinsNest, June 20, 2022 at 7:12 pm

We may be able to make this work. Email me at HarkinsSonya@gmail.com, please.

Fast Freddy, June 20, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Jwoodrum. I would be open to this arrangement.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI