Packet

When should I start to worry that I don’t have a packet for my group yet? I have a wristband number.

73 Replies

GeorgeKline, June 25, 2018 at 4:26 pm

I received my packet today, in the pass it has been as late as the week before the ride. I would not be concerned till like the 10th of July.

hnschipper, June 26, 2018 at 9:14 am

From the RAGBRAI blog on June 18:
With RAGBRAI XLVI just over a month away it’s time to get serious about the big ride! We have had lots of people asking about participant (wristband) packets and merchandise so we thought we would publish a blog with some reminders.

We are exactly on schedule with wristband shipping but have not yet shipped out any 2018 participant packets. They normally go out during the last two weeks of June and the first week of July, and we are preparing to ship out our first big batch later this week.

Once participant packets are shipped, you or your group leader will be sent a tracking number via email from our shipping software, Stamps.com.

If you are a in a group, your packet will be shipped to your group leader. You will need to arrange with them to receive your participant packet.

International riders who are not in groups – you will need to pick up your participant packet at the RAGBRAI Expo in downtown Onawa on Saturday, July 21.

For those who transferred wristbands – the wristband will ship to the original owner of the bands. It is up to you to arrange for shipping or in-person transfer from one participant to the other. The sale of ride credentials is a private transaction. However, a resold credential will not be valid unless it is officially transferred in the RAGBRAI office to the new owner before the event begins. To do so, click here: https://ragbrai.com/transfer-application-and-waiver/

For those who ordered merchandise – orders from our web store and registration merchandise are shipped separately. The reason you have not received your registration merchandise and your friends received their web store merchandise is that we ship web store orders immediately and registration merchandise along with the participant packets. Again, participant packets will start shipping out this week and continue to be sent through the first week of July. If you’re in a group your jersey/shorts/bibs will be sent to your group leader.

All that being said – thank you! If you have any questions please email us at @RAGBRAI.com">info@RAGBRAI.com. Hope you have a great time on the ride!

Cheryl Zalenski, July 6, 2018 at 9:20 am

Still don’t have either an email saying that my packet has been mailed, or the packet. Getting a little worried now that we’re only two weeks out. Anyone else not have theirs yet?

This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Cheryl Zalenski.

hnschipper, July 6, 2018 at 9:43 am

Have you e-mailed RAGBRAI and asked?

All that being said – thank you! If you have any questions please email us at @RAGBRAI.com">info@RAGBRAI.com. Hope you have a great time on the ride!

Cheryl Zalenski, July 6, 2018 at 9:57 am

I did, a week ago, and they replied that they were still mailing packets out. I was hoping to get a sense whether others are still waiting before emailing again.

cdbusby, July 6, 2018 at 10:13 am

As of 7/4 our group had not heard, nor received, anything either. It’s adding unneeded stress for those in charge, too.

Bikingaddict, July 6, 2018 at 10:14 am

Packet shipping seems to be a couple of weeks later this year. I know I signed up later than in previous years, but I registered my son in the same transaction as me and he got his packet 2 weeks ago.

I don’t think I’d worry if you’re planning on using your tags yourself – I’m sure they’ll go out soon. If you’re planning on selling your tags and don’t have them yet you might need to look into expedited shipping services 😉

Cheryl Zalenski, July 6, 2018 at 10:28 am

Thank, all. It’s definitely later than past years I have done RAGBRAI. And unfortunately my teammate is selling her wristband and will likely need to use FedEx or similar at this point.

Megan Sisson, July 6, 2018 at 10:44 am

Many don’t have theirs yet. I bought my day pass quite late and will have my packet shipped the latest.

Kelly Puster, July 6, 2018 at 11:53 am

Czalenski, that’s the response I received when I emailed them on 6/25. I saw that the deadline to notify them was July 1, so…..? Do I need to email again?

jchaas, July 6, 2018 at 12:49 pm

I’m in the same position as czalenski. Have not gotten email yet and have a teammate that is selling wristband. Starting to be concerned if I am going to get my wristband and team vehicle pass before we need to leave.

gelfring, July 6, 2018 at 2:00 pm

My team of 8 has received nothing either. Complained 8 days ago and they just said I would get a shipping notice from stamps.com. We leave in 2 weeks and our stuff has not even been shipped.

GP_in_SD, July 6, 2018 at 2:04 pm

I was getting really nervous as well as we are leaving in 8 days for Ragbrai but got an email early this morning saying my packet/jersey are in USPS 2-day delivery mail today. Definitely late in getting things out this year and with the amount of advance time they have not sure why they waited till the last minute to ship.

Cheryl Zalenski, July 6, 2018 at 2:13 pm

I was getting really nervous as well as we are leaving in 8 days for Ragbrai but got an email early this morning saying my packet/jersey are in USPS 2-day delivery mail today. Definitely late in getting things out this year and with the amount of advance time they have not sure why they waited till the last minute to ship.

Well, I guess I am glad to know that they are still shipping….

hnschipper, July 6, 2018 at 2:25 pm

The blog post I posted above said they would be shipping through the first week of July.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015