Packet

When should I start to worry that I don’t have a packet for my group yet? I have a wristband number.

73 Replies

gelfring, July 9, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I’ve been emailing TJ and here’s his quote from July 8- “They mailed a few thousand Friday and the last batch should go out on Tuesday (or close to that)”. I told him several members in my group leave on vacation early Friday morning July 13, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

DenBiker, July 9, 2018 at 12:37 pm

GREAT IDEA KENH! A cell phone pict of the original “Congrats” letter should do the trick to replace the missing wrist bands. Going to have my team follow your suggestion!

ratscallion, July 9, 2018 at 1:21 pm

I was getting concerned until I saw this thread. As for me… No email yet, and I’m on the road Saturday morning traveling from California. Worst case if we miss, I guess my wife can receive the package in California and overnight it right back to me somewhere Iowa…

dalen45, July 9, 2018 at 1:41 pm

I think if you have your wrist band number and stop at the Ragbrai tent they will give you a new one.
We had a lost one one year and they gave us a new one.

Linda Radtke, July 9, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Also waiting – and also concerned that it seems like added stress when you have people coming in from all over the country to join you on the ride. I was hoping to send the packets out to everyone in our group in June, so that we wouldn’t have too much stress in Onawa. Yikes!

Jason Stoller, July 9, 2018 at 7:49 pm

It’s Monday night and I am also waiting and starting to get stressed out that I have not received my packet with my bike, wristband,and plate. Everyday I have been waiting for the mail to arrive but honestly should I have to? I registered and paid months before the deadline so why am I waiting 11-12 days prior to Ragbrai for my Packet of Materials to arrive? I understand Ragbrai is a huge event but if I have done my part in a timely fashion is there really any excuse for this delay?

Jason

Jason Stoller, July 9, 2018 at 7:49 pm

It’s Monday night and I am also waiting and starting to get stressed out that I have not received my packet with my bike, wristband,and plate. Everyday I have been waiting for the mail to arrive but honestly should I have to? I registered and paid months before the deadline so why am I waiting 11-12 days prior to Ragbrai for my Packet of Materials to arrive? I understand Ragbrai is a huge event but if I have done my part in a timely fashion is there really any excuse for this delay?

Jason

Stacey Sessions, July 9, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Monday night, July 9, and our group of 8 hasn’t gotten e-mail or wristband/jerseys. Fingers crossed.

Deanna Flanagan, July 10, 2018 at 7:57 am

Tuesday morning, July 10 and our group has received no email or package. We are trying to sell a wristband or two but hard to ship out to the buyers something you don’t have in possession.

William Weber, July 10, 2018 at 8:12 am

Story is the same here. No email or packet yet.

I feel like Tom Petty. The waiting is the hardest part.

Stacey Sessions, July 10, 2018 at 8:31 am

July 10 and I got an e-mail for my group shipping this morning. Hope the jerseys come in the same packets. Good luck all.

William Weber, July 10, 2018 at 9:14 am

I just got this update from Andrea Parrott.

Good morning,
If your packet isn’t on its way to you now it will be very soon! Our last shipment will go out today. Once it’s shipped you will receive an email with a tracking number from our shipping software, Stamps.com. We have been working weekends and through the Fourth to make sure everything gets out on time. Thanks for your patience and hope you and your team have a great time on the ride!
Andrea

Andrea Parrott
Merchandise and Media Manager, RAGBRAI

PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK

Mobile: 319.321.8773
Office: 515.284.8074

http://www.RAGBRAI.com

RAGBRAI XLVI July 22-28, 2018
ONAWA | DENISON | JEFFERSON | AMES | NEWTON | SIGOURNEY | IOWA CITY | DAVENPORT
RAGBRAI has been a Des Moines Register tradition since 1973

kgivant, July 10, 2018 at 9:45 am

We still have not gotten our packets or an email. I have called and left a message as well as sent an email….and not heard anything.

dbr549, July 10, 2018 at 9:52 am

I have emailed twice and have received zero response from any at info@ragbrai.com. They were certainly eager enough to take my money. At least a status update would be polite. Anyone official listening?

Still waiting for group packets – July 10th – 9:45 AM

Cheryl Zalenski, July 10, 2018 at 9:56 am

I emailed and got the following resopnse:

“Our last shipment will go out this week, likely Tuesday. Once your group’s packet is shipped you will receive an email with a tracking number from our shipping software, Stamps.com, if you registered online. Check your spam filter to see if you already received this email.

They have been working weekends and through the Fourth to make sure everything gets out on time. Thanks for your patience and hope you and your team have a great time on the ride!”

Completely failed to address my specific questions about contingency plans for receiving the wrong packet or not getting it in time.

And I still do not have an email from Stamps.com.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI