Packet

When should I start to worry that I don’t have a packet for my group yet? I have a wristband number.

73 Replies

Rebecca Belzer, July 11, 2018 at 9:37 am

I still have no email, packet or response to questions. Getting really nervous. Traveling in a class c camper and forced outside of the overnight towns as I didn’t register as a group which makes it difficult to get to the info tents. Errrr.

Carl, July 11, 2018 at 9:52 am

Received my email today. Hope it’s not delayed like other packages from USPS.

KenH, July 11, 2018 at 10:43 am

Ok, I cannot share details because I don’t have them but I’ve heard from a reliable source that there are in fact some issues with the shipping department this year. At this point this is stating the obvious but at least we know it is not our imaginations!

What should you do? As a backup I suggest taking cell phone photos of the web pages that show your wristband numbers and vehicle pass numbers so that you will have this information with you during the week. If you paid for a vehicle pass print a copy of the vehicle pass number photo to tape inside your windshield where the vehicle pass would normally go. If you are using the Register truck print your wristband numbers on a “luggage tag” that you will have to design yourself. Laminate it with clear packing tape and devise a means to affix it to your duffel bag. If you are with a charter contact them, let them know your situation, and ask them if they have any suggestions on how you should proceed. If you are on a team your team contact is already sweating blood over this but you should probably check in with him/her too. Bring a magic marker to the ride in case you need to write your wristband number on your calf or wrist or …. I firmly believe that you will need to do none of this but under the circumstances it may pay to be prepared anyway.

From what we have heard so far this is the Register’s backup plan:

1) If you do not get your wristband/luggage pass ==> go to the RAGBRAI booth at Onawa or whatever town you start your ride in and they will take care of you.

2) If you do not get your vehicle pass ==> no official word yet but I suspect the answer is the same as 1) above

3) If you cannot attend the ride and have sold your credentials which you do not have ==> no official word yet but if the transfer credentials part of this web site is up and running I would go there and fill out the forms to transfer the credentials to the buyer. Take screen shots and email them to the buyer. Have the buyer fill out their portion of the form too.

I have asked my reliable source to encourage TJ to issue official statements on items 2) and 3) above as soon as he can.

Finally a word about “RAGBRAI don’t care”. This is a long running joke on the forum but it is not meant to be a call to arms. RAGBRAI is a big event that by its nature cannot be as precisely organized or controlled as well as Sunday School picnic can. This motto is really a suggestion to relax, chill out, and be patient because things are going to happen and no one means you any harm by them. Be patient, be kind, don’t worry about what others think about how you dress, what you ride, how you sing, or how you dance. Just enjoy the ride! The RAGBRAI staff actually do care quite a bit about you and they will take care of this and any other issues that arise. They LOVE their jobs and who can blame them!? They want this gig to continue — forever. And the only way they can make that happen is to do a good job for you. They will fix this, they will devise workarounds if necessary, and you better believe they will work hard to prevent it from happening again. You can trust them, they will do right by you.

Romaine Randall, July 11, 2018 at 10:54 am

So no packet and it is 7/11. There are 3 of us as individuals in Massachusetts all who have not received our packets yet. To make matters worse, I am also not getting any email replies from RAGBRAI personnel, which I originally did. I won’t even go into the time and energy already expended of trying to track down this packet and now I am anticipating chaos (more time and energy finding the expo, lines and waiting) at Onawa trying to pick it up. Really!!

KenH, July 11, 2018 at 10:59 am

BTW, the credentials transfer web page can be found here:

Credentials Transfer Link

At a glance it appears that the buyer can fill it out on their own if you supply them with the wristband and vehicle pass numbers. They need to sign a waiver and I don’t see a way to do that but I assume that instructions pop up after you hit the SUBMIT button. I would have your buyer do this if they have not done so already. Have them take cell phone photos to show to the RAGBRAI booth staff just in case.

Chris Harbaugh, July 11, 2018 at 11:01 am

Well said Ken! I should be getting one packet but I received two confirmation emails with two different tracking numbers. This makes me twice as excited to see what comes and get on the road!

kgivant, July 11, 2018 at 1:02 pm

YAY!!!! Got my email this morning. Hopefully everyone else did as well or does soon. See you in 10 days!

Jeff Glass, July 11, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Finally…I received an email this morning with a UPS tracking #. It should arrive by Friday.
Feeling bad for those who haven’t received even an email yet.

Peter Campbell, July 12, 2018 at 8:41 am

Received my email at 1 am today with USPS tracking number. Should arrive on Saturday. Now is time to look forward to the ride. Looking forward to daily homemade ice cream stop.

Linda Radtke, July 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Finally – received my email notice on Friday the 13th, for delivery on Tuesday. I hope that I am the last one and everyone has received their packages. Have a great ride!!

BarryTantlinger, July 13, 2018 at 1:15 pm

I’ve joined the 99 percent. Packet arrived this morning.

Shipping labels got here Monday and the bikes shipped yesterday, so finally everything is ready but for the final packing. I feel a lot less stressed.

Cheryl Zalenski, July 13, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Got my packet. Everything was there except my teammate’s wristband and bike band. Seriously disappointed in the shipping this year.

Patrick Doranski, July 15, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Still haven’t received my wristband packet yet. Just got back from vacation and expected them to be here. Getting very worried!

Viewing 13 replies - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015