Pastafari's Return: Comments

I was glad to see the return of Pastafari this year. It was the 1st place I stopped for lunch on my 1st RAGBRAI. The 1st day they had only the red sauce which was a 1st for me and I really liked it. Apparently a young guy bought Pastafari from his uncle as I understand it to open it up again.

If someone from Pastafari is reading this there are a couple of minor tweaks I think some riders would appreciate.
1) Offer regular soft drinks also like a can of Coke or something.
2) Let people know when you offer Parmesan that you are charging them $2 for it. Cut that price too as that’s far too expensive for Parmesan.
3) The Pesto sauce was put on so lightly it added no flavor at all. And most Pesto sauce does not have milk in it. I saw it being prepared and they put milk or cream into it.

6 Replies

Brian Wallenburg, September 21, 2017 at 2:19 pm

As my daughter would say, meh…

Jerry Garcia, October 2, 2017 at 8:29 am

I heard several people comment that it was overpriced for what you get and it’s just pasta…nothing special so I never made a stop there.

mootsman, October 3, 2017 at 7:03 am

JG,

I compared my picture of a portion with salmon from 2011 to this year. The salmon had a much more flavorful spice blend on it in 2011. Also there was much more pesto sauce on the pasta. Unless they improve it my memory will need to do.

And it isn’t like the price makes it too expensive to any of us but its so high you feel foolish paying it.

This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by mootsman.

Ragbrai Nation, March 21, 2018 at 2:00 pm

I don’t mind paying a premium price for any food as long as it’s delicious, wholesome and they’re not stingy with their portions. The boiler room requires lots of fuel! Hand me that shovel!!

Clyde Halsrud, March 21, 2018 at 6:25 pm

All their signs were annoying. Did not stop. Probably won’t in the future. Disappointed in lack of rhubarb pie.

Ken Reed, March 22, 2018 at 7:56 am

How long has it been since they were around last? I went there once and was annoyed at both the price and lack of flavor. Sorry, hard pass.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015