Pork Belly Ventures 2011

If your looking for a Charter, check out my favorite, PBV!

http://www.porkbellyventures.com/index.php

126 Replies

Slowrider, August 2, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Great! Thanks for the info. Hope to see you next year… Had a blast last year, but could not make the ride this year 🙁

RJBTrek, August 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm

This was my first time with PBV or any other charter.  I was a bit disappointed in the Chicken slop they served on Tuesday.  It had a couple chicken crumbs, two noodles and lots of gravey over mashed potatos.  After 100 miles I was looking for something besides mashed potatos with gravey for dinner.  I came very close to handing back and telling that they could keep it.

Michrider !!!, August 2, 2011 at 8:15 pm

RJBTrek said: This was my first time with PBV or any other charter.  I was a bit disappointed in the Chicken slop they served on Tuesday.  It had a couple chicken crumbs, two noodles and lots of gravey over mashed potatos.  After 100 miles I was looking for something besides mashed potatos with gravey for dinner.  I came very close to handing back and telling that they could keep it.

That was one of my favorite meals of the week.  It was good, simple food. Different tastes for different folks I guess!

Toady, August 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I totally agree with RJBTrek about the Chicken stuff (was there even any chicken in there?).  Other than that, their food was pretty darn good.  The barbeque in Altoona and the Beatles band made that hot day bearable. 

That’s probably my favorite thing about PBV.  The catered food.  Sometimes we just don’t feel like sitting on a shuttle and roaming all over looking for something to eat.

This was our first time with the porkers and we thought they were great! 

Viewing 4 replies - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015