RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

pork chop man

i really don’t see the big deal here. who wants a pork chop while riding a bike. i mean carbs yes, beer yes, pies and deserts yes but a big peice of meat like that. i mean it sure looks good, but maybe after the bike ride yes!!!!! mr pork chop has made his way into ragbrai history. anyhow i will try one next year, only after the ride.

7 Replies

RDaryl Daryl, August 7, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Unfortunately, it was Friday before I got my first Mister Pork Chop. Really wish I had started eating them daily starting Sunday (settled for a pork chop on a stick in Primghar). Prince Page what food did you eat while riding RAGBRAI this year ?

Brian Wallenburg, August 7, 2017 at 8:10 pm

It’s a delicious piece of meat! That being said, it does sit like a rock for a little while.

jake d, August 7, 2017 at 11:51 pm

If you have ever stopped for one of their chops you would know
what the big deal is. I try to stop once a year, and if it is
too early in the day, or I’m not that hungry at the time, you can
always take it with you. They usually have zip bags, or you can
bring your own.

Cory Rood, August 8, 2017 at 6:04 am

Are you from Iowa? We’re the largest producing state of pork. That’s part. The other part is they are tasty.

KenH, August 8, 2017 at 7:38 am

My only problem is that they tend to set up at spots which are too early in the day for me to consider a big old slab of meat. I’m usually still thinking second breakfast when I see them on the horizon. A Sassy lemon slushy however goes down fine any time of the day!

Michrider !!!, August 8, 2017 at 8:06 am

Did not do the ride this year. However, when I ride, I always stop for Pork Chops. I eat one on the spot and put the other in my pocket. It makes a good breakfast the following AM!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

Niles, August 8, 2017 at 12:09 pm

I think the pork chop is more easily doable than Tender Tom’s turkey leg. :-)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI