Quad Cities Bike CLub

I’m a first time rider looking at a few options and came across the QCBC. Seems pretty low key and not a bad deal. Does anyone have experience or candid information about the group? Looking for a good time with some brew and cheer, but not a rip roaring, raging party all night long.
Thanks,
KN

7 Replies

Tony, February 15, 2011 at 10:06 pm

KatNap I am the new charter director for QCBC. I have rode with the club since 2003. We have riders of all ages in our group. Including families. When I decided I was going to do my first RAGBRAI. A friend told me that using a charter was the best way to do it. He recommended QCBC. I found the group very friendly and helpful that year and all years since. I’ve made many new friends due to the club and RAGBRAI over the years. We ride out to the start town on luxury 55 passenger motor coaches. Bikes are transported in a 53′ Alied Van Lines semi. During the week. Your luggage is hauled in two 26′ box trucks. We have a charging station for electronics. We have a lounge area by the trucks. With canopies and cold beverages in coolers waiting for you at the end of a days ride. We close this down about 9pm to quite the campsite for riders that go to bed early. We start loading the first truck at 5AM. Second truck starts loading at 6:30AM when the first truck departs. Second truck Departs at 8AM. Lisa will have hot coffee for riders in the morning. If you have further questions please PM me or email at cyclingtony@mchsi.com. Club information at http://www.qcbc.org  

pHIlo, February 16, 2011 at 7:29 am

I second what Tony says … I road & camped with them last year. Real chill group & the drivers/loaders/setup folk are great! We had pretty good camping spots last year.
– solar shower stall … bring your own bag
– half-dozen floor pumps for that last minute top off

Sandaltan ., February 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm

According to the web site the last day to sign up for the charter is Feb 19!!!!!
QCBC is a good group to neighbor with on RAGBRAI.

RIDE RIGHT

Tony, February 18, 2011 at 2:43 am

Sandaltan that dead line is for QCBC members only. Club members get their RAGBRAI registration through the club and sign up for the charter. Because of a dead line set by RAGBRAI for our group. We have a February 19th date. For riders that use the RAGBRAI lottery. We will accept applications with proof of registration till our buses are full. Most non members wait till May 1. Then we have a surge of applications. I did add 2 more 55 passenger motor coaches today. We will have a maximum capacity of 330 riders. Anyone with questions please email me, Tony Buck QCBC RAGBRAI Charter Director  at cyclingtony@mchsi.com or Dixon Novy QCBC RAGBRAI Charter Registrar at dxnvy@mchsi.com  

Sandaltan ., February 18, 2011 at 8:37 am

Thanks Tony, that answers my question.  See yall in camp.
RIDE RIGHT

toadhead, March 14, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I’ve never ridden with the QCBC but I know Tony….  I can vouch for him!!!!  Also, my team is filled with drama and I am looking for a new option and might tag along with the QCBC this year….

Tony, March 14, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Thanks Larry. We except non member charter applications with a valid RAGBRAI registration tag number. At present we have about 130 seats available. They will fill fast after the lottery is posted.

http://www.qcbc.org

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI