RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Quality of the RAGBRAI jersey

Can anybody comment on the quality of the RAGBRAI jerseys and shorts from previous years? I’d like to get a kit but would like to know more about them.

Thanks

22 Replies

John, May 8, 2015 at 12:50 pm

On the subject of jerseys…

Do we know if there is going to be a People for Bikes jersey day this year? I noticed Primal has a new PFB jersey this year (no affiliation) on their website, but today is the final day for preorders and I don’t see *any* of the jersey days listed on the XLIII Route Maps page:

http://shop.primalwear.com/People-For-Bikes-2015-Mens-Cycling-Jersey-P707.aspx
http://shop.primalwear.com/People-For-Bikes-2015-Womens-Cycling-Jersey-P708.aspx

John

“Bicycle Bill”, May 8, 2015 at 1:05 pm

I still have my jersey from 1997 (RAGBRAI XV) — this was the one that listed the start, finish, and overnight towns of every RAGBRAI up to that year — and still occasionally wear it from time to time.
Starting to get a little snug, though.  Must be shrinking when I wash it…

-“BB”-

“Bicycle Bill”, May 8, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Should have been RAGBRAI XXV.  Oh well.
TJ, we definitely need an ‘edit’ function on this board!!

-“BB”-

igor, May 8, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Hi John people for bikes day is Thursday this year. I say get a PFB jersey and wear it

Sunday, July 19: Sioux City to Storm Lake, 74 miles
Monday, July 20: Storm Lake to Fort Dodge, 69 miles (Gravel Loop)
Tuesday, July 21: Fort Dodge to Eldora, 72 miles (Karras Loop)
Wednesday, July 22: Eldora to Cedar Falls, 56 miles (RAGBRAI Jersey Day)
Thursday, July 23: Cedar Falls to Hiawatha, 70 miles (People For Bikes Day)
Friday, July 24: Hiawatha to Coralville, 63 miles (College Spirit Day)
Saturday, July 25: Coralville to Davenport, 64 miles

MJA, May 9, 2015 at 7:28 am

I have 3 jerseys and no complaint about quality but black for RAGBRAI XL is hot for summer wear. Year before last, shorts began pilling after a single washing (in cold water, hung to dry). Returned it and happened again with replacement so returned that for full refund. Others had similar problem that year. Last year’s shorts have held up well after many washings. No problem.

Sandaltan ., May 9, 2015 at 11:32 am

“Starting to get a little snug, though. Must be shrinking when I wash it…”

You are absolutely correct Beebs, this is caused by low humidity in the winter months.

RIDE RIGHT

trknight, May 10, 2015 at 1:50 am

The material in the jerseys and shorts are of good material. I also like it that the jerseys are full zip. My biggest criticism is the chamois in the shorts. Primal, I understand, has four different types/levels of chamois, with the one for RAGBRAI being the lowest level. The reason for this is that it puts them at a price point many are willing to pay. Personally, I would much rather have the third or fourth level (fourth level being the best). I have another team kit made by Primal that represents a bike shop in my area and the shorts have the third level chamois (2nd best) and are night and day better than the chamois used in the RAGBRAI shorts. It’s kind of like “you get what you pay for” and, considering what you’re protecting with the chamois, the extra investment may be worth it. I definitely won’t be wearing the RAGBRAI shorts on longer mileage days.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI