Join Us in July - Register Today!

Question about baggage

Hey. I was wondering… is it easy to find the RAGBRAI semi truck that they say you can put your baggage on each day? For some reason I’m already having dreams about not getting my bag and being stranded. (I’m a noob)

3 Replies

jwsknk, May 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm

the trucks will be right where they unloaded in the main campground

helenheart, May 5, 2011 at 5:29 pm

About a mile from town – there are easy to spot signs pointing to the campground where the Rag Trucks are unloading – the signs keep on going until you can physically see the 2 semi trucks. They do a very good job of letting you know where they are.
Being a newbie can be a little stressful – but you will realize on July 30th 2011, that Ragbrai is very very well run, by long time professionals, who make it as easy as pie (no pun intended) for the virgins.
You’ll have a ball
xo

Pirate Brewer, May 5, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I remember my first time using the DMR semi trucks.  As mentioned they have good signage to find the truck.  You’ll see lots and lots of other signs for other clubs, just ignore those and follow the official DMR signs.  The harder part is finding a little piece of ground to set the tent after getting your bag.  I was generally in on the later side (between 4:00 to 5:30) and the main ground will be packed by then but you’ll find something.  Be prepared to carry the bad a little distance if you arrive late.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters