Question regarding tent and baggage

Our team has a person that cant attend. So I have an extra weeklong wristband. If I dont sell it, can I use it for extra baggage?

Here is the deal: the tent we are using is very heavy (about 30 pounds) so I dont think Im going to be able to get it into a duffel bag under the 50-pound limit.

So can I do this? – use the spare weeklong pass riders wristband and luggage tag to transport the tent each day?

Thanks for advice!

Greg

5 Replies

Uncle Kraig, July 15, 2018 at 11:03 am

Interesting question…..I sure don’t see why not. You have a baggage tag, you have the corresponding wrist band, you paid for them, why not?

Kelli Libby, July 15, 2018 at 11:53 am

If you attend next year maybe consider going with the charter our charter allows two bags up to 50 pounds and lawn chair.
Check out Lost and Found Adventures.
http://www.lfadventures.com/home-page.html
We have still have room if interested.
But if you have the baggage tags, you should be able to take the extra bags.
Hope this helps have a great ride.

montestaples, July 16, 2018 at 12:52 am

How many people does a 30 pound tent hold. That thing must be huge. Or maybe you keep your bikes inside at night, not common but I have seen it done. I agree that the baggage tag is valid so use it. No-one will know or care. You paid for it.

RDaryl Daryl, July 16, 2018 at 7:15 am

Does that tent have its own zip code?
Seriously. . . . .make sure someone is wearing the wristband that matches the baggage tag. Yes someone will be wearing two week-long wristbands. You can also write the wristband numbers of 3 other team members in the space provided on the baggage tag for baggage claim.

Uncle Kraig, July 16, 2018 at 8:03 am

On a somewhat related note, I weighed my bag last night with everything in it including my bike shoes, helmet, etc (things that wont actually be in it each day) and it was 33 pounds, total. My tent weighs 3.2 pounds. You might consider investing in a lighter tent next year. Enjoy the ride.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015