Join Us in July - Register Today!

“RAGBRAI Account” link (upper right) needs some work

FYI To Whom It May Concern:
I was rutting around the site a bit and happened upon the “Addresses” link – https://ragbrai.com/my-account/edit-address/ – and saw that there were no addresses listed for me. So I clicked on edit and proceeded to enter them. Snag comes in trying to enter either a country or a state. What appears to be a dropdown list only shows up to be a bulleted list of either countries or states, none of which are clickable. Anybody else notice this? And perhaps since this info is also on the EnMotive account site that it is redundant and not necessary to fill out.

10 Replies

steveyake, May 3, 2021 at 9:49 am

Yes, I noticed the same thing. If my internet connection is slow, the drop down appears for about a second before converting to non clickable bullet entries. Ugh!

KenH, May 3, 2021 at 10:34 am

The new website is still a work in progress, I think. That information may be on Enmotive too but RAGBRAI needs to have it in order to sell you stuff from their online store! Either they will fix it soon or you can enter the information separately in their store when you want to buy something. A couple of things that I notice are that there no longer seems to be a page in your account that shows your wristband number. Maybe that is moving to Enmotive only now or the email results we are supposed to get this week. There doesn’t seem to be a way to add or change your forum avatar at the moment either. I am sure they will get to these things eventually.

Bluestreelguy ., May 18, 2021 at 3:07 pm

EnMitive Link needs even more work..I’m a rollover and still have no Wrist band number. The EnMotive lions shown only the most basic info name, email, age and sex. And chanced to link my nonexistent facebook accountt. Nothing else. I cant believe I’m the only one. RAGBRAI officials tell me their working on it. Anyone else having similar problems?

KenH, May 19, 2021 at 12:48 pm

I’m not sure you are looking in the right spot.

first do your Enmotive log in

then select(from the pull down in the upper right corner):

=> My Account

scroll down and you should see “Current and Upcoming Events” with a box below it that says “RAGBRAI XLVIII”

in the RAGBRAI XLVIII box select:

Actions=>View Registration

your wristband number should be on that page but you may need to scroll down. When I do this I see in order:

Registrant followed by my name

Category Date followed by the start date of the ride

Wristband Number followed by my number

Category followed by weeklong rider

And then some other stuff which doesn’t concern us here

If you do not see your wristband number there then you probably did not get an email either. All you can do is contact info@ragbrai.com

They probably have a lot of issues to deal with right now so it could take a while. My experience is that they will respond and they will resolve your issue.

D Grimes, May 20, 2021 at 8:10 am

I’m having trouble setting up my team of three and getting my wristband transfers done before June 1 deadline. I sent in an email asking for help last week but have not gotten a reply except we will be back to you. It would be helpful if RAGBRAI staff would at least give an idea how long I have to wait.

Bluestreelguy ., May 20, 2021 at 4:27 pm

I’m starting to ask my self what are they hiding from? Ive gotten more information talking to walls. The rollover plan appears to be a major fail. The lack of communication is becoming a bigger fail. Do we need to start writing letters to the editor? I cant be the only one in this spot. Are there any rollover riders who have not gotten a wristband yet?

hnschipper, May 20, 2021 at 4:50 pm

Do you mean wristband or wristband numbers? The actual wristbands are never sent out this early.

Bluestreelguy ., May 20, 2021 at 5:17 pm

I know that i use the terms interchangeably. This will be num,beer seven for me if they can get this sorted.

D Grimes, May 20, 2021 at 5:18 pm

I am a fully registered rider and have my wristband number. Last week I bought two week long passes for my other two riders so now need to set up my team. But when I tried to do that the site blocks me and now I am trying to get those wristbands transferred and the site won’t allow it. It’s been a long wait so I don’t understand why the have these silly rules with no help. I think TJ was more on top of things years past. Geez we all just want our ride back please!

Bluestreelguy ., May 20, 2021 at 5:26 pm

TJ had built a custom system from the ground up over many years. So it worked well. I suspect he took that with him when left. So the register was caught flat footed and had to build new. Dealing with large data bases is no easy task and much can go wrong and apparently has. My biggest gripe is the lack of communication about what is happening. It seems like they are hiding. Keeping things in the dark is where lies and mis-information have their roots. They need to own this and come clean. I can deal with that. Make a mistake just own it and move on to the solution. Just let me know what’s happening.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters