RAGBRAI App

I was recently commenting on how good the new PBV app was in a different forum and it reminded me to take a look at this years RAGBRAI app with only a week or so to go before the ride. Is it just me or is the RAGBRAI app pretty much non functional. I can’t even get it to open. Anybody else use the app for maps, info, updates, etc and experiencing the same or is it user error, which is entirely possible.

4 Replies

DenBiker, July 15, 2021 at 5:16 pm

I share your frustration regarding the RAGBRAI app. Every time I try to open it it immediately closes! Deleted the app and downloaded it again – still same issue.

Mike Howe, July 15, 2021 at 5:57 pm

DENBIKER…..same thing for me. Was doing that last fall. I emailed Ragbrai about it and I was told that the app wasn’t updated. Not sure why that would cause it to automatically close like that every time. Hopefully next year they will have the app up and running.

Danny Edens, July 22, 2021 at 3:55 am

There appears be a new official Ragbrai® app on the Apple store now. Unfortunately it appears it will be the equivalent of horse manure during Ragbrai® because the maps require a online connection. We need it like the old app where the maps were just a photo and could be used offline. Also need the mileage between towns and service times cut offs. The new app is essentially useless.

Corey, July 22, 2021 at 8:32 am

You could download the map pdfs to your phone before you leave. That way you have them there all week and wouldn’t need a good wireless connection.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI