RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

RAGBRAI by day in RideWithGps.com

Hey Gang,

I know that this will be done at some point in the future better than I can do, but I wanted to quickly post up the routes as best as I can map them out on RideWithGPS.com. The mileage is pretty darn close, but the elevations are lower than what the official list is. That’s not uncommon, has a lot to do with how the mapping system handles small little rises and falls. It also shows a 25% plus grade each day, again, that tends to be an artifact of mapping data. With my disclaimers out of the way, here they are.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 3 Cent Option
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

I just sort of guessed / stabbed at start / end points in towns, but that shouldn’t make a bit of difference in the overall scheme of things. Hope you enjoy.

Steve
No need to thank me, a simple gift of a Carbon Fiber Easy Racers C-Rush will be more than enough.

21 Replies

Sandaltan ., March 12, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I like your bike choice. I will make do with a black Tour Easy until we hit the lottery.

RIDE RIGHT

Jboz, March 12, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I will be riding a black Tour Easy as well. This year’s route sets up great for bents.

mentor58, March 12, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I had a Tour Easy (mine was black too), but ended up trading it for a GRR from a guy who had one that was too big for him. I’m riding Rans Rocket for RAGBRAI this year, it’s not my fastest, but it’s a fine all-around ride.

Steve

Browner, March 12, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I mapped the days on MapMyRide.com as well, for anyone that wants to take a look. I noticed the same thing about climb calculations that mentor did. Map My Ride came out to consistently about half of what the RAGBRAI folks published.

Just go to http://www.mapmyride.com and search for RAGBRAI XL

Blumblebees, March 13, 2012 at 10:51 am

Ok I admit it I’m scared of hills. Not many where I live in Jersey to train on. Problem is I’m so bad at looking at those elevation things and figuring out what days are bad for hills. Someone wanna help me on that? I’m not scared to walk up a few of the bigger hills (at least I’m still moving forward…or should I say upwards). What kind of hills am I gonna be faced with? Thanks!

jwsknk, March 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

this if from 23, but that hill right after Lehigh is the one we go up, the other 2 on the loop are about the same, 200 ft climbs althought the onw into Stratford is stretched out longer than 1/2 mile.

jwsknk, March 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm

oh, it finally showed up, heres the one into Stratford if you do the loop.

http://www.geobike.com/geobike/gbmain.shtml

jwsknk, March 13, 2012 at 12:06 pm

http://www.geobike.com/geobike/gbmain.shtml

eventually thet will have the entire route here, but you can search by town name, then find the year and the profile map for the day.

bradlyman, March 13, 2012 at 12:23 pm

the hills on this years route should not terrify anyone. if they have a bit of fitness they will do just fine. the Karras loop will have a couple but not killers.

bradlyman, March 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm

mentor thanks for the maps, they are a great help for early team/ preparation planning.

Sandaltan ., March 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Are there any hills with a name???? The one out of Lehigh is not that bad, and I am a hill – walker from way back.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, March 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Sandaltan:
Are there any hills with a name????The one out of Lehigh is not that bad, and I am a hill – walker from way back.

RIDE RIGHT

ST, in order to be a “real RAGBRAI hill” it MUST have a name!!!!!

petra, March 13, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Let me add my thanks for the maps. One question though, on the century loop if they do it like last year, we will ride on the main route up to Lehigh and then loop around repeating the part of the route from Dayton to Lehigh. Can we assume it wil be that way this year?

knees36, March 13, 2012 at 4:28 pm

petra:
Let me add my thanks for the maps.One question though, on the century loop if they do it like last year, we will ride on the main route up to Lehigh and then loop around repeating the part of the route from Dayton to Lehigh.Can we assume it wil be that way this year?

We’ll go through Lehigh only once and that is after the loop. There will be only two towns on the loop, Stratford and Dayton…aren’t we lucky???!!! The only real hill on the loop will be a few miles just before Stratford when we cross the DM River…a nice curving downhill and then a nice curving uphill…quite do-able. There will be two big hills after the loop …one going out of Lehigh and the other at Brushy Creek…which is a deep hill, both are close to being like Twister Hill, and again, do-able. 8-O

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI