RAGBRAI Central Reservations Website

How about a RAGBRAI central reservations website for ALL motels on the route. Houses, cabins and the like could also be booked through it. It also could handle waiting lists when people cancel. All motels would save the cost and the crush of calls long after they are booked.

Motels would sign up with RAGBRAI agreeing to only list their rooms with RAGBRAI. RAGBRAI could give priority to RAGBRAI staff before opening it up to riders. It seems like the next logical enhancement to RAGBRAI’s website. Software for the motels listing themselves would also be needed to sign up as vendors.

Michrider could get his 8th night motel reservation more easily then.

This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  mootsman.

2 Replies

Ragbrai Nation, September 5, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Not a bad idea, moots. As it is I would bet most of the motel bookings now are made online the night of route announcement. I haven’t had the opportunity to lend out my home to overnight rider/campers yet but I would prefer using email to communicate amenities, interest and availability communication.

Michrider !!!, September 6, 2014 at 7:07 am

mootsman: Motels would sign up with RAGBRAI agreeing to only list their rooms with RAGBRAI. RAGBRAI could give priority to RAGBRAI staff before opening it up to riders. It seems like the next logical enhancement to RAGBRAI’s website. Software for the motels listing themselves would also be needed to sign up as vendors.
Michrider could get his 8th night motel reservation more easily then.

Moots, anything that makes my life easier is a great idea, LOL!!!!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLII – 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015