RAGBRAI College Spirit Jersey Day

Coralville is anxious to welcome you and celebrate this new annual tradition.  We encourage all riders to pack and wear your favorite school jersey as you travel from the land of the Pioneers (Grinnell College) to the home of the Hawkeyes. Even you Cyclone fans will be welcomed with open arms at the end of this 74-mile day!  🙂

Go Hawks!

36 Replies

ngless, April 26, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I’ll be wearing my cyclone jersey!  Despite the in-state rivalry, I’m most looking forward to Coralville and Iowa City.

Ken Reed, April 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I hope that for at least one day, I won’t be berated while wearing my Cyclone gear coming into C-ville.

BenEClone, April 26, 2011 at 4:39 pm

reedkennethia said: I hope that for at least one day, I won’t be berated while wearing my Cyclone gear coming into C-ville.

Nice avatar – where did you get your jersey?

SFC JKL 2, April 26, 2011 at 7:51 pm

As an alumni of Illinois State University, I will make fun of redbird wannabe Cy until the end of time.  Reggie Redbird will be flying high that day.

Ken Reed, April 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm

BenEClone said:

reedkennethia said: I hope that for at least one day, I won’t be berated while wearing my Cyclone gear coming into C-ville.

Nice avatar – where did you get your jersey?
Bike World. $80. It’s an awesome jersey.

Pirate Brewer, April 26, 2011 at 9:38 pm

SFC JKL2 said: As an alumni of Illinois State University, I will make fun of redbird wannabe Cy until the end of time.  Reggie Redbird will be flying high that day.

My son goes to the “other ISU” (Illinois State) so I like to wear the “real ISU” (Iowa State) jacket when I visit him.  It fits right in and I’ve received complements and people asking where I got the jacket (thinking it was Illinois State).

I’ll wear my Cyclone tee shirt around Coralville when we visit.  It’s bright red so it will be easy to spot.

Michrider !!!, April 27, 2011 at 4:57 am

Can I wear my UK Hat?

“Bicycle Bill”, April 27, 2011 at 7:58 am

The only RED that really matters …..

-“BB”-

pmac, April 27, 2011 at 8:08 am

Hotty Toddy.

SFC JKL 2, April 27, 2011 at 9:15 am

Pirate Brewer-  We’ll see some red and yellow ISU stuff once in awhile.  It’s a dead giveaway it’s not the correct ISU, but at least it’s close and someone had good intentions.  Anything is better than that God awful orange of embarrassment U.

ngless, April 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Pirate Brewer – I agree, as an Iowa State alum, and recently new resident of Illinois, Iowa State is the real ISU.  The redbirds might have a mascot that makes more sense, but ISU stands for Iowa State.

SFC JKL2 – I think you mean cardinal and gold… but that’s just semantics.  I do agree with your comment about “embarrassment U’s” colors.

Ken Reed, April 27, 2011 at 9:28 pm

SFC JKL2 said: As an alumni of Illinois State University, I will make fun of redbird wannabe Cy until the end of time.  Reggie Redbird will be flying high that day.

What the heck is an “Illinois State University”? lol

Ken Reed, April 27, 2011 at 9:29 pm

ngless said: Pirate Brewer – I agree, as an Iowa State alum, and recently new resident of Illinois, Iowa State is the real ISU.  The redbirds might have a mascot that makes more sense, but ISU stands for Iowa State.

SFC JKL2 – I think you mean cardinal and gold… but that’s just semantics.  I do agree with your comment about “embarrassment U’s” colors.

I feel some really good U of Iowa jokes coming on.

RAGBRAICVILLE, April 28, 2011 at 9:33 am

reedkennethia said:
I feel some really good U of Iowa jokes coming on.

We thought, for one day, you didn’t want to be berated coming into Coralville?  If UI jokes start happening, we will be looking our for you Kenneth!  Got that avatar of yours printed and on standby with the Volunteer Committee.  Ha!  Go Hawks.

JJDUBS, April 28, 2011 at 10:58 am

reedkennethia said:

What the heck is an “Illinois State University”? lol

Go redbirds! I believe all 4 members of our team will also be wearing the red jersey. 

And you Cyclones, keep the Redbirds in mind.  With the collapse of the Big 12, alot of alumns have a pipe dream (in a land far far far away…) that we may move up someday and become conference foes.  I will be the first to admit that there are alot of other better athletic schools that would fit, but we just like to dream about being in a big boy league someday. 

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015