PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK

RAGBRAI entertainer and American Idol contestant Maddie Poppe needs our vote.

Congratulations to Maddie Poppe for making it into the top 10 in American Idol. Way to go Maddie!!!!

I have a 16 year old that is an accomplished musician and on RAGBRAI I make a point to listen to the younger musicians that perform for us as I ride across the state of Iowa. Some are good and some not so much, and Maddie is at the top of the list of good. She has been performing for us during RAGBRAI for a few years and you could see from an early age that she had talent. In today’s world of over produced pop acts, and marketing hyped performers, it is so refreshing to see someone like Maddie get recognized. She is a talented singer/songwriter story teller. Katy Perry has said Maddie reminds her of herself when she was young, and just last night said she is like Joni Mitchell. Lionel Richie has said she is a complete package. You can tell the judges truly appreciate her for who, and what, she is.

There are many other top ten artists that are very good and the ability to move on will be difficult from now on. It would be great to see those in RAGBRAI Nation that have seen Maddie play and appreciate her abilities to vote for her in the remaining shows. She could use our help in the coming month to make it to the top so let’s join together and help her become the next “American Idol”.

27 Replies

Sunflower, May 6, 2018 at 6:25 pm

8 Eastern, American Idol.

If you’re a fan of Maddie be sure to vote.

jdeutmeyer, May 6, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Maddie is now in the top 5. This places her in the nation wide American Idol tour the week of RAGBRAI. I am sad we are not likely to see her now.

Sunflower, May 6, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Imma go up to Clarksville next Sunday night and drink with the hometown crowd.

George A, May 7, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Maddie just keeps having great performances. Great to she her showcase the piano last night. I think the judges think she is worthy of #1 for sure. Let’s hope America does as well. I am hoping Katie’s votes now shift to Maddie.

Really fun to see her keep moving on.

Jim Roberts, May 8, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Keeps this at the top. Still remember the first time we heard her in the park…her Blackbird was exceptional. Vote away

George A, May 11, 2018 at 8:34 am

It will be interesting to see what Carrie Underwood has her do. The other mentors have gotten her to go outside her comfort zone the last couple weeks.

Let’s keep the voting going and get her to the top.

George A, May 13, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Maddie is coming up soon. Time to vote her into the top three.

Andy Droen, May 20, 2018 at 6:20 pm

Don’t forget Maddie Poppe. Tonight is the final night. She’s top 3.

George A, May 21, 2018 at 2:17 pm

Regardless of where Maddie places she has been outstanding. She is a real talent and the only performer to nail every song that she sang. Maddie is the most complete artist in the whole competition.

We will not see her on RAGBRAI this year because she will be touring with the top seven Idol contestants but maybe next year one of the overnight towns will hire her as a headliner. That would be great to see.

Congratulations go out to Maddie for doing such an excellent job. She has won in the hearts of many. My votes have been for her from the beginning and I hope America did the same. The voting is now closed so we shall see tonight.

W Fanning, May 21, 2018 at 7:51 pm

No Matter what she’s a winner… every song was great.. she could make a album just on the song she sang on American Idol.. they were all great…

T. Gap Woo, May 21, 2018 at 10:17 pm

Congratulations to Maddie!!!

George A, May 21, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Maddie won American Idol. How fantastic that is for her. Congratulations.

On another note, I noticed that she and Caleb seemed to have a connection and tonight they admitted they are dating. That is great for the two of them. They both seem like down to earth young adults.

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014