Join Us in July - Register Today!

RAGBRAI Forums down tonight at 9pm CST for upgrades

The forums will be down tonight for about 60 minutes as our tech folks work on upgrades.  You will not be able to post during this period. 

The bad news is that you will have to re-load your avatars.  The good news is that private messages will be enabled.

Please be patient as we might need to work through a few bugs after the upgrades.  In the long run, we hope to offer a better forum experience as the RAGBRAI forum is important tool to communicate with your fellow RAGBRAIers!

Have a great day! 

TJ Juskiewicz, RAGBRAI Director 

9 Replies

jwsknk, January 31, 2012 at 8:59 am

thanks again TJ. I think I can handle that. :-)

mentor58, January 31, 2012 at 4:05 pm

What!!!! Bugs with an upgrade???  Say it ain’t so!?!?!?!   In any case, thanks in advance, I know from experience that it rarely goes as smoothly as the documentation likes to suggest.  

Good luck, and remember, punching the server, while satisfying, seldom solves the problem.
Steve

Michrider !!!, January 31, 2012 at 4:38 pm

What will Beebs do tonight after his graveyard shift????  

Wonder Woman, January 31, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Thanks, TJ. It will be nice to have an upgrade and pm’s back.

“Bicycle Bill”, February 1, 2012 at 1:12 am

Michrider said: What will Beebs do tonight after his graveyard shift????  

I will log on and respond to those posts that I have determined call for a response.  What did you expect?
And I didn’t even need to reload the avatar.

-“BB”-

Jared, February 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

UPDATE: This will happen tonight (Wednesday – 2/1/12) The forums will be down tonight for about 60 minutes as our tech folks work on upgrades.  You will not be able to post during this period.  The bad news is that you will have to re-load your avatars.  The good news is that private messages will be enabled. Please be patient as we might need to work through a few bugs after the upgrades.  In the long run, we hope to offer a better forum experience as the RAGBRAI forum is important tool to communicate with your fellow RAGBRAIers! Have a great day!  TJ Juskiewicz, RAGBRAI Director 

Jared, February 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm

OK, we are making some progress… but the forums will be done once again at 9pm on Sunday 2/5/12.  Hopefully you’ll still be watching the SuperBowl and wouldn’t even notice. 

Take care,
TJ

Papa T, February 4, 2012 at 5:58 pm

WOW!  this turning out to be real hard!  but you’re right we will probably all be watching the Superbowl.

ehlent, February 4, 2012 at 8:49 pm

ok, but I can tell you I got a lot of better things to do than watch any football game.   Maybe I’ll have to do some training or something.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters