RAGBRAI: It’s about the ride, not the Merch.

Remember the ride.. Tired of all the merch promotions, road shows, etc.. How about some news about 2021 ride planning from the RAGBRAI office…

This topic was modified 1 month ago by mootsman.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by mootsman.

1 Reply

KenH, November 18, 2020 at 3:38 pm

I appreciate the efforts that RAGBRAI has made to keep the ride and the excitement going through these miserable times. They may not work for everyone, nothing they could do would work for everyone. I wasn’t able to to any of the fall rides. I did do the Virtual RAGBRAI however and it was a hoot, thanks in large part to the Facebook page where we all shared our adventures. It wasn’t better than nothing, it was a whole lot better than nothing because it wasn’t nothing, it was something special.

This was an old post so perhaps all of you got the same email that I got a few days ago. If any of you did not get that here is the latest news from the RAGBRAI team:

RAGBRAI nation,
Mark your calendars! Registration opens on Monday, December 7th, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. for RAGBRAI XLVIII.

Planning is well underway with our partners and towns. While we are optimistic about a safe and healthy ride in 2021, we know some things will have to change to ensure the safety and health of all. To that end, we are planning for several contingencies due to COVID-19 and will release a detailed FAQ with registration to help answer some of those questions.

And while we have you here, we wanted to take this opportunity to update you on a couple more items we’ve been working on this year.

A new overnight town. Unfortunately, Maquoketa had to withdraw as this year’s Friday overnight town due to construction projects that can’t be avoided. We are working on securing a new overnight town and will announce them as soon as possible. The full route (pass-thru towns) will be announced in late January in lieu of an in-person Route Announcement Party. More details will be released on how to Livestream that announcement in the near future.

Fresh look. If you’ve been a loyal rider you will likely notice some changes over the next couple of months. The first is our registration system. We’re moving to a new platform. Housing the system on our site was taking a toll on the user experience and overall functionality of RAGBRAI.com. We took our time building out the new registration system to get it right which is why registration is opening on Dec. 7 this year instead of mid-November. We think it is worth the wait and will share detailed FAQs on how to use the new system when we launch on December 7.

Moving the registration platform off our website gives us the ability to refresh the look and functionality of the website and RAGBRAI app. The refreshed website and app will be mobile-friendly, have increased mapping technology, better page layouts to communicate information, and an updated look.

We are excited to share the updates with you in the near future and hope they enhance your experience and provide easy access to the information and tools you need to make the most of the ride.

Looking forward to being on the road again in 2021!

Sincerely,
your friends at RAGBRAI

FAQs

I transferred my 2020 registration to 2021. Do I need to do anything to ensure it is in the new registration system? You will not have to do anything. We will pre-load your registration into the new system. The week of Nov. 30 you will receive a detailed email from RAGBRAI with information on how to access your 2021 registration, account details, and basic instructions for the new system.

Will the ride be safe? Yes. We are planning for every possible scenario of COVID-19 and will release details around our contingencies when registration opens on Dec. 7 and we will continue to update you and the FAQs as plans are confirmed.

What if you have to cancel 2021 due to COVID-19? We can’t wait for next year’s ride but we are still planning for contingencies related to COVID-19 and have your best interests in mind. While we are optimistic that we’ll be able to host a safe in-person ride, if the event is canceled you’ll be notified and be able to choose between a full refund, a deferral to the 2022 event, or an entry into RAGBRAI Virtually the Best Bicycle Ride. If you choose the virtual ride, you’ll get your swag shipped directly to your door.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015