RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

RAGBRAI – just riding on day 1

My schedule will only allow me to do one day of RAGBRAI. Was wondering how the logistics worked for riders only doing one day. Is anybody leaving a vehicle at Spencer and driving back to Orange City?

1 Reply

KenH, June 27, 2017 at 8:12 am

I’ve always assumed that most one day riders were locals who arranged with family or friends to provide transportation for them. Are you from out of state or a far removed part of Iowa? I’m guessing you are, otherwise the family/friends thing would work for you!

So, one option is to do what you have just done and ask here if anyone is going your way at the end of Day 1.

Another option is to contact the Orange City and Spencer RAGBRAI committees through their websites and see if they can connect you with a local driver who could transport you and you bike to OC on Sunday evening. I would think there is a high probability that someone would be willing to do this for $20. It would be risky and I am not recommending this but there is a reasonable probability that you could find someone willing to do that by walking around and asking Spencer residents on Sunday evening!

Good luck, I think that with a little work you can find a ride.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI