RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

RAGBRAI L Logo launches today

I saw a logo on Facebook, just wondering if it is the official logo? Has anyone else seen it?

6 Replies

gas gas, October 31, 2022 at 10:07 am

https://ragbrai.com/ yes that is the logo . They also have 15 billboards around Des Moines advertising it . I just hope they drop the use of ” 8 day ” .You only ride 7 days .

Glenbo66, October 31, 2022 at 12:06 pm

Nope – epic 8 day rolling festival

From the Ragbrai website.

What is RAGBRAI
RAGBRAI, Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, is more than just a bike ride, it is an epic eight-day rolling festival of bicycles, music, food, camaraderie, and community. It is the oldest, largest, and longest multi-day bicycle touring event in the world.

Uncle Kraig, November 1, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Well, if you really think about it, it actually is 8 great days with 8 great host towns. Hence the phrase last year of Across Iowa in 8 Days or something like that. It really is an 8 day event, just 7 of them happen to be riding days.

“Bicycle Bill”, November 2, 2022 at 3:16 am

Most riders arrive in the start town on Saturday – in fact, when I rode with Rainbow Cyclists of Waterloo/Cedar Falls, I’d be on the ‘early’ bus that got to the start town on Friday night! That way I had time to shake down the bike, usually with a short ride over to the river to do the wheel dip, and take in some of the activities that the start town had arranged for our benefit.

So yeah – eight day festival.

By the way – I’m crossing my fingers. The bones (compound fracture of the left femur below the knee, along with a broken left humerus and right radius) I broke at the beginning of June are pretty much completely healed.  I’m able to walk without a cane if I have to – although I’m not ready to throw it aside permanently, and if I can get my Vision recumbent reassembled and log some seat time on it, maybe I’ll be able to hook up with you-all on the road for a day or two…

-“BB”-

Griff9of9, November 4, 2022 at 4:55 pm

I think the 8 day was supposed to look like 80 days around the world with the balloons I could be wrong but that’s what I thought.

Jeffrey Hill, November 14, 2022 at 9:19 am

Any idea what time registration opens on 11/15? Is it midnight or later in the day?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters