RAGBRAI Music act

Now that we don’t have to guess the route, wonder who the Register will line up for music?  They’ve done a pretty good job in the past.  My suggestions, albieit far fetched and unrealistic.

U2 -The Greatest Rock band in the World playing the greatest bike ride in the World.  -One could only wish right, possibly in 20 years?

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

INXS -I hear they’ll be on tour.

Eagles

The Pretenders

8 Replies

“Bicycle Bill”, February 5, 2012 at 11:21 am

Lemme have some of whatever it is that you’re smoking there, cyduke.  The best you’re going to get is some retread of an old group that has maybe one or two of the original members, like Creedence Clearwater Revisited or Blood, Sweat and Tears.

But as long as you’re pipe dreaming, why not wish for the Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett?

-“BB”-

Just Krusin, February 5, 2012 at 11:23 am

Wait, true RAGBRAI music has to include the  ‘Nuns on the Run’.

gas gas, February 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

I do  not think the DMR  is picking or hiring or paying for the bands . The overnight towns RAGBRAI committee hire the bands and have to find the money to pay for them before one bicycle rolls into town .

Tony, February 5, 2012 at 11:42 am

gas gas is right. RAGBRAI has nothing to do with band selection. Its whatever the towns can afford.

cyduke, February 6, 2012 at 8:34 am

“Bicycle Bill”: Lemme have some of whatever it is that you’re smoking there, cyduke. The best you’re going to get is some retread of an old group that has maybe one or two of the original members, like Creedence Clearwater Revisited or Blood, Sweat and Tears.But as long as you’re pipe dreaming, why not wish for the Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett?-”BB”-

Might as well dream big.
If one of the towns could get Jimmy Buffett to play, that would be a lot of fun…

knees36, February 6, 2012 at 10:12 am

Just Krusin: Wait, true RAGBRAI music has to include the ‘Nuns on the Run’.

I’d bet well see them again this year. I believe they’re based out of the small town of Danbury so we’ll probably see them sometime on day 1 or day 2.
They are very entertaining!

eddie_the_ex_cabana_boy, February 6, 2012 at 11:35 pm

cyduke,

I like your taste in music brother!

But how about The Sex Pistols or maybe Barry Manilow?

And come to think of it, would Bob Dylan be out of line?

Ed

Ragbrai Nation, February 7, 2012 at 8:00 am

eddie_the_ex_cabana_boy: cyduke,I like your taste in music brother! would Bob Dylan be out of line?Ed

I’d love to see Dylan (a Minnesotan)… anytime… anywhere. ***Hey, mister tamborine man play a song for me. I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to…***

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015