Join Us in July - Register Today!

RAGBRAI Registration

Hi y’all. I have registered for RAGBRAI and won the lottery. I received the email with my wristband number a couple weeks ago and thought that I was set and ready to go. Recently however, several of my friends have received their rider packets but I have yet gotten mine. Is there a step that I’m forgetting or what? I can’t find anywhere on the My RAGBRAI page where it says I still owe money or anything. Thanks in advance for the help.

7 Replies

VIKING, May 27, 2016 at 6:16 am

Did you use azconquest to register. This ID does not have a wristband number. If you used a different ID and got an email with a wristband number. Your good. Packets do take several weeks to get sent out.

William Mugan, May 27, 2016 at 7:15 am

The rider packets are sent out staged over several weeks. Most rider packets are received by early to mid-June.

RDaryl Daryl, May 27, 2016 at 7:19 am

Andrew-
I suggest you review your wristband e-mail confirmation to verify you registered as a week long rider and then contact info@ragbrai.com to determine what is happening with your registration. Packets are mailed out late May through early June.

jwsknk, May 27, 2016 at 8:02 am

you signed up as an individual and not part of a group? If in a group it goes to the group contact person. If not, it takes then 2-3 weeks to put together 8,000 packets and get them shipped. If it doesn’t show up by mid June contact them.

KenH, May 27, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I’m registered, I got the email, I have a wristband number associated with my login profile now, and I am the group contact for my team, but I have no actual ride credentials, etc from the Register yet. Be patient, it will come. It could show up tomorrow, it could take a few more weeks.

If there is any reason for you to be concerned at this point it is this. As someone else mentioned when we click on your azconquest profile name under the default gray outline avatar in your post we see no wristband number assigned to azconquest. If you click on any of our profile names you will see our wristband numbers. So if you created only one login account, azconquest, and still got the email with your wristband number then it appears that something has gone wrong and maybe you should contact the RAGBRAI help desk right now to get it cleared up. I think the email is the official and final word but it certainly is comforting to see your wristband number associated with your online profile and they should be able to get that taken care of for you. Now, if you created two RAGBRAI login accounts and use one, azconquest, to post on this forum and the other to actually register with then you should login under the other account and almost certainly you will see your wristband number when you go in under the “My RAGBRAI” tab and that will tell you that the only action you need to take right now is to be patient. If that is true then go out and find some long lines to wait in, it will boost your patience level and it’s excellent RAGBRAI training!

Andrew Conquest, May 27, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I’m actually more worried now than before (for the concern of losing $175 and I have other possible summer plans if not participating in the ride). I originally didn’t post my rider number because I didn’t know if that was confidential information, but noticing that y’all’s are all public, my rider number is #218508. To address other concerns, I have only this one RAGBRAI account, so this could not be the source of the issue. As I finish writing this post, I just realized that I’m still considered a minor under the RAGBRAI system; so is it possible my info is restricted due to some sort of restrictions?

KenH, May 27, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Yes, I would think it quite possible that they keep all ID information for minors confidential. I can’t think of any way your wristband number could be used to … to … well to do much of anything really. But you (the Register that is) can’t be sued for sharing information about minors if you don’t share any information about minors.

In my experience the folks at the RAGBRAI info desk are quite helpful. They may be all taking the weekend off, I hope they are, but email them about your concerns and I think they will get back to you next week and probably assure you that you are IN!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters