Registration is now closed for RAGBRAI XLIX. Transfers are now open!

RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party

Get your tickets now to the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party at http://www.iowabicyclecoalition.org/routeannouncement 

Prizes, silent auction, Johnny Holm Band, beer, and the 2011 route.
Iowa Bicycle Coalition members can come early and enjoy a special pre-party from 7 to 8 PM.  

34 Replies

“Bicycle Bill”, December 14, 2010 at 3:04 am

Now to use my secret powers and travel through time to January to attend this meeting and learn the start town and the overnight stops; then return to the present and submit my entry to the “Guess the Route” contest.  BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!!!

No, Bill, that would be wrong.  This would be a squandering of your ability, a horrible misuse of your gift, for vile and unscrupulous purposes.  Don’t you remember the talk we had that time about the lottery numbers?  You were given the power of time travel to be used for purposes of good, not merely to win a contest.
And besides, think of how you’d feel if HelenHeart or the Princess ever found out you’d done something like this.
Dont’cha just hate having a conscience?  Oh well, I’ll be good…

This time…….

-“BB”-

Michrider !!!, December 14, 2010 at 7:08 am

Beebs, you can beam up to the mother ship anytime now!!!!!

jwsknk, December 14, 2010 at 8:12 am

I thought I saw you there. Interesting route this year. ****************, ****************, *****************, ******************, ******************, ****************,******************.******************

jwsknk, December 14, 2010 at 8:13 am

jwsknk said: I thought I saw you there. Interesting route this year. ****************, ****************, *****************, ******************, ******************, ****************,******************,******************

edit:
big brother got to it, who knew town names were censored?

Michrider !!!, December 14, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Who is planning on going to the route announcement party?  I’m still thinking about it.  However, traveling North, thru Indiana, Illinois and Iowa in late January makes me shiver! 

jwsknk, December 15, 2010 at 8:15 am

You know you want it, I’ll clear a spot on the curb. 

what??? we should let him in? 
well, okay. you can come inside and drink with us.

Michrider !!!, December 15, 2010 at 8:18 am

jwsknk said: You know you want it, I’ll clear a spot on the curb. 

what??? we should let him in?  well, okay. you can come inside and drink with us.

Would that be an outside or inside curb??????

jwsknk, December 15, 2010 at 8:33 am

Michrider said:

jwsknk said: You know you want it, I’ll clear a spot on the curb.  what??? we should let him in?  well, okay. you can come inside and drink with us.

Would that be an outside or inside curb??????

there are some mighty fine curbs right outside “the Well” . would you like a river view or downtown with that?
The Well = Wells Fargo Arena/Iowa Events Center/Hy-Vee Hall/ Vet’s Aud.

helenheart, December 15, 2010 at 8:43 am

Skunky – be nice to KY – he’s harmless!!

KY – I can’t go now, the inn has a special event that I’m hosting that Saturday
Skunky breathes a sigh of relief…………….

jwsknk, December 15, 2010 at 8:55 am

helenheart said: Skunky – be nice to KY – he’s harmless!!

KY – I can’t go now, the inn has a special event that I’m hosting that Saturday

Skunky breathes a sigh of relief…………….

okay, so that little voice that was telling me to let him come inside the Well was from you.
The evening will feature live music with a special performance by The Johnny Holm Band, who have entertained RAGBRAI riders for many years. The RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party on January 29 begins at 8 PM at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines.

IOWA BICYCLE COALITION link to event
http://www.facebook.com/?tid=1782990615923&sk=messages#!/event.php?eid=150040965041837&index=1

Sandaltan ., December 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

We have a prior commitment so will have to follow this on line and via Skunky’s recap of the event.  Thanks Skunky.
RIDE RIGHT

Amanda, December 16, 2010 at 10:09 am

I am sorry to say, I won’t be attending this year. It was a great time last year and I urge everyone who can, GO! It was awesome to be with my RAGBRAI family in the middle of winter. I will miss going – especially if the bull riders are in town. Their job makes biking across Iowa in the heat and humidity look like a sane, normal thing to do! :) LOL

jwsknk, December 16, 2010 at 10:43 am

Amanda said: I am sorry to say, I won’t be attending this year. It was a great time last year and I urge everyone who can, GO! It was awesome to be with my RAGBRAI family in the middle of winter. I will miss going – especially if the bull riders are in town. Their job makes biking across Iowa in the heat and humidity look like a sane, normal thing to do! :) LOL

:-(  

Michrider !!!, December 16, 2010 at 11:03 am

I was going to take Beverly (my wife) with me to Iowa for the Route announcement party.  Now that she heard Amanda and Helen won’t be there, she don’t wanna go!

jwsknk, December 16, 2010 at 11:14 am

Michrider said: I was going to take Beverly (my wife) with me to Iowa for the Route announcement pary.  Now that she heard Amanda and Helen won’t be there, she don’t wanna go!

well, gee. thanks   snlff    ;..-(

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI