RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

RAGBRAI vs IR – It's Been Very Quiet

IR’s website still lacks a forum and their FB page has been quiet. Maybe some big news in the works like a reunification or ??

5 Replies

Amanda, November 11, 2019 at 6:13 am

Maybe IR’s website host- GoDaddy- doesn’t offer that type of page. I don’t know what is all involved in building a forum page but I am sure it takes different coding than a plain information page.

mootsman, November 11, 2019 at 8:34 am

[quote quote=1312834]Maybe IR’s website host- GoDaddy- doesn’t offer that type of page. I don’t know what is all involved in building a forum page but I am sure it takes different coding than a plain information page.[/quote]

Forums are super easy. There are lots of free options available. I put one out for a bike club. Took all of 30 minutes to create and put a link to off of the club’s webpage. And TJ already knows how to administer one well. But the IR FB page has been very quiet also. No one seems to be marketing IR much currently.

mootsman, November 11, 2019 at 8:42 am

IR has been so quiet I suspect a deal is in the works for a reunification.

David C., November 11, 2019 at 8:53 am

[quote quote=1312834]Maybe IR’s website host- GoDaddy- doesn’t offer that type of page. I don’t know what is all involved in building a forum page but I am sure it takes different coding than a plain information page.[/quote]

My guess is TJ doesn’t have a forum page because he knows that RAGBRAI supporters will go there and spam their disapproval as has occurred here with IR supporters spamming RAGBRAI forums. RAGBRAI continues to give IR a voice by having “supporters” spam the RAGBRAI forum site with rationales of IR’s awesomeness. Why have publicity when RAGBRAI will do it for you? It’s smart.

Joseph Schlau, November 11, 2019 at 9:05 am

IR’s website still lacks a forum and their FB page has been quiet. Maybe some big news in the works like a reunification or ??

Or maybe not.

Possible reasons could also include, bankruptcy, advice of attorney, nothing to say, too many hard questions that cannot be honesty answered, TJ is planning his sculpture, etc.

It looks like Anne Lawrie is handling the situation quite well and TJ is just no longer needed for Ragbrai. Ragbrai looks committed to addressing the issues TJ was trying to capitalize on, and with no issues left, where is his base, where is the outrage.

I am sure the part of the website which takes your money for registration and merchandise is still open.

I would like to hear from someone who asked for a refund from IR and actually got their 75% refund back.

Both TJ and Ragbrai know or will know how early registration numbers stack up compared to prior years. From this they can project the final totals.

TJ’s camp has been haunting quiet on this one. Just one news story where TJ declared he had “hundreds”. But with no follow up by the reporter, we are left to speculate what hundreds actual is. Now 1 month later, I would have expected TJ to be shouting from the rooftops about the number of former Ragbrai riders and teams jumped to IR.

Then again, maybe not. It would be an admission that he walked out with the intellectual property of his former employer. Civil and maybe criminal charges would be possible.

A week or 2 into registration will give Ragbrai a handle on individual and team totals and allow them to project the final percentage of returning riders and teams.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters