RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party set for Friday, January 28! Get your tickets

Receiving Materials?

Does anyone know when the RAGBRAI folks will be sending us our wristbands and other registration materials?

140 Replies

BugBoss, July 15, 2018 at 7:51 am

Cheers for writing this. I’ve been thinking it, but kept my mouth shut. When did RAGBRAI become a haven for whiners? Like everything with RAGBRAI: just roll with it.

Roberts Larry, July 15, 2018 at 8:17 am

RAGBRAI fail. Why is it so easy for some to excuse incompetency listing excuses that are irrelevant to many (RAGBRAI is just a big laid back group of accepting chuckleheads, you should enjoy standing in lines because you will be, etc.)? No matter what you think, there are a few basic things that must happen in an endeavor like this and getting your packet in time for the event is one them. Get real – RAGBRAI screwed many this year. Getting off on the wrong foot was not the fault of the rider, it was RAGBRAI’s. They should own up to it in a significant way. If there were so many obstacles they could not even accomplish the very basics, maybe a ride like this in Iowa isn’t feasible any more or maybe the organizers are just incompetent. My group is still waiting for packets or emails or some kind of communication other than the vague website post.

RDaryl Daryl, July 15, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Positive Vibes are Good RAGBRAI Vibes.
Of the 210 posts to this thread and the other one, it appears that 55 individuals/groups are “waiting for the e-mail notification” and have not provided any update here.
Yes this does not acknowledge the challenges of transferring wristbands.
If I see a HUGE line in Onawa, I would expect it to be for something like free Ice Cream, not all the wristband replacement participants arriving simultaneously.

Cheryl Zalenski, July 16, 2018 at 11:16 am

Agree. It is fair to expect that registered riders will receive their packets in a timely manner and with the correct content. It is also fair to expect better communication about the issues that created delays and what riders can do if they don’t receive their packets or receive incorrect bands, etc.

Jean, July 16, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Got my packet today, thank goodness. Has never been this late in the past. We have a friend traveling from Taiwan. I called 3x and emailed with no response. I agree RAGBRAI should email to let us know. Have a great time everyone!!

Viewing 5 replies - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI